Menu

Disney Make-A-Wish Trip Question

Jyniffrec

Hi, I hope someone here can help me. I didn't realize that we could ask for extra things on my dd6's trip. It is now a week and a half away and I am just a little nervous that we won't get to do some of the things she would like to do. These are the things: ride in a parade, go to the bippity-boppity-doo salon and have dinner with the princesses. I am pretty sure the last one just requires a reservation and that we pay for it, but do we need to get a reservation now and do we need to arrange it? And if we need to take care of the salon trip, is it doable with the budget they give you?

I hope somone here knows! I can't register on the Disney boards because they say my passwords don't match. :confused:

I can help with the Princess character meal.

There is a Princess breakfast in the Castle at Cinderella's Royal Table. It is VERY hard to get it. If you call and they don't have anything (405-WDW-DINE) then you might see if the Make-a-Wish folks can help out.

There is also a meal in Epcot - in Norway - at Akershus. Also a breakfast - less ecpensive and far easier to get in.

Good luck :)

The folks at Hollywood studios are AMAZING with the wish kids! You might see if they can get your kiddos in a parade. My son had his Wish Trip back in May for Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios, and the people working there would come up to us and ask if they could help us find characters, get signed up for special events and so on. That was the park with the best attitude toward Wish Kids IMO. My son is not into princesses, so I can't help there. :D

If you are staying at GKTW I just want to say attend all of the events you can there! It is a wonderful place with very caring people.

I know someone who went on a trip similar to Make A Wish and they got to have a private meeting with all the princesses where they didn't wait in line and didn't have lines of kids waiting after them to worry about. I'm not sure where they did it but she said they went into some room by themselves and had a lot of quality time with them. I would ask for that instead of just a regular dinner with them. At the dinners and breakfasts you pretty much get 2min tops of actual face time because they have so many kids to see. You could also ask about seeing the fairies. They are some of the most fun and interactive characters! I hope you have a good trip!

The folks at Hollywood studios are AMAZING with the wish kids!

I called my ds just to read him what you wrote -- he works at Hollywood Studios.

Jennifer/Jyniffrec I sent you a private message, and have talked to my ds. He said the parades at Hollywood Studios are Block Party Bash and High School Musical. They definitely pull kids up to dance at Block Party -- just be sure to be in the front. If he is working he would be happy to do what he can for you.

Can you talk to your Make a Wish coordinator? I have heard that you don't have to wait in line, etc. They might be able to help get you what you really want there.

My girls are waiting to hear when they will have their wishes granted. One wants Disney and the other one wants to Swim with the Dolphins.

Let us know how your trip went, any hints, etc.