Menu

History of the Ancient World Study Guide

I'm sure this has been asked before, but has anyone made a study guide to go along with the History of the Ancient World by Susan Bauer? Or a list/database that lists corresponding chapters in Story of the World? I'm combining my high schooler in with Sonlight Core 6, and I am adding History of the Ancient World in for her. I'm hoping to save myself some work ;)

I have a list with chapters that correspond to the DK book and to our literature reading for high school, but I'm not sure how that would help you match anything up with core 6? The books in core 6 are books we used for logic-stage Ancients. So, I don't have *those* matched up with HOAW. Have you looked at History Odyssey and the texts used with that program? If you do, then the work is done for you.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but has anyone made a study guide to go along with the History of the Ancient World by Susan Bauer? Or a list/database that lists corresponding chapters in Story of the World? I'm combining my high schooler in with Sonlight Core 6, and I am adding History of the Ancient World in for her. I'm hoping to save myself some work ;)

Someone sent me a Reading List/Schedule a while back and I can email it to you as an attachment. It's very long to post here.

No, I haven't. I'm afraid to look. I might like it better and I can't afford that :lol:

Off to go peek at it...

I have a list with chapters that correspond to the DK book and to our literature reading for high school, but I'm not sure how that would help you match anything up with core 6? The books in core 6 are books we used for logic-stage Ancients. So, I don't have *those* matched up with HOAW. Have you looked at History Odyssey and the texts used with that program? If you do, then the work is done for you.

I'm watching for replies here also! This is so funny because I was searching...and searching...but hadn't come up with anything on the forums either! I was actually thinking about going and looking at SL tonight. I have one using Hist of Anc World and one using SOTW 1. I'm also wanting to start at the beginning with readings from Genesis etc, along with our study. Haven't found a "guide" that could tie all of this together for me. I was thinking about posting a question here! So, thank you for posting!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yet another mother begging for a copy to be sent to her. That's exactly what we are doing this year. I do have the BFB Ancients guide and all the books sitting on my shelf that the oldest two used. Perhaps I should just use those for my now 11th grader and Core 6 for the youngers along with the SOTW 1 activity guide. AH . . . I love homeschool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry for not responding sooner. I forwarded the Ancient's Reading List/Schedule to those who requested it. It is not something I created, but obtained from someone else on this forum.

If anyone else needs a copy, please inbox me, as I don't always check the threads.

Hope it helps.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...