Menu

I need a break. I'm going on a date with Mr. Darcy...

He's my drug of choice. I'm sure everyone has their own.

But when I'm tired and just need a little break I run to the arms of Mr. Darcy (the A&E version, of course, because Keira would ruin the comforting effect I'm trying to create;)).

Now all I need is someone to make ME a comfort meal and a good steady rain and I'd be all set.

Oh yes. And someone to come and help entertain the little ones for a few hours.

Jo

He's my drug of choice. I'm sure everyone has their own.

But when I'm tired and just need a little break I run to the arms of Mr. Darcy (the A&E version, of course, because Keira would ruin the comforting effect I'm trying to create;)).

Now all I need is someone to make ME a comfort meal and a good steady rain and I'd be all set.

Oh yes. And someone to come and help entertain the little ones for a few hours.

Jo

That's where I go when I need a break. Sometimes, however, I take that break with the modern Mr. Darcy in Bridget Jones' Diary. It all depends on if I need a break from all things modern, stressful, and nerve jangling or if I need a break from the same-old same-old humdrum life. :D

Enjoy!

can I come too? I have been listening to notes C, D, and E on the trumpet over, and over, and over, and over, and. . . I am done.

Marie,

Would you please get that dh of yours stationed in Hawaii!!? There is a perfectly lovely base here you know. :D

As for the trumpet...you are a braver woman than I. Was this some sort of concession to your son for having so many sisters? You are a very good mom.:001_smile:

I should be on the couch watching my movie, but the little ones are being way to loud, so I'm waiting until after lunch to do my serious vegging out. :D

Jo

Mr. Darcy (Colin Firth please) is my movie comfort food too.

Now lets add in a splash of homemade split pea and ham soup and some delicious Pumpkin Knot Rolls I learned to make via the boards. Only problem is you are near the wrong beach. OK talked me into it I will bring everything to Hawaii. I still have wonderful friends there from when my dh was stationed at Kanehoe. As for rain just wait a bit, or go to the Windward side.

Well I guess I will settle for just watching this evening too.

BTW Congrats on the new boucing baby boy, what a joy!!!!

Unfortunately, my scattered brain just made some bizarre leaps...

Mr. Darcy... drug of choice... Mr. Thornton (just watched North & South for the first time... oh, my...) Huey Lewis & The News (need a new drug...) ... the 80's... John Cusack...

Now I'll never get to sleep! :tongue_smilie:

Enjoy your break.

Dy

Enjoy this fun list of indications we've watched the A&E P&P too often:

* Six hours no longer seems like a long time.

* You begin to wonder why all movies are not six episodes long.

* You have memorized where the commercial breaks come as well as the order of the commercials in each break.

* You watch the movie all the way through non-stop - then rewind it and start all over again.

* The movie just keeps on getting better every time you watch it.

* On a recent visit to a local lake, you were inspired to dive in and go swimming fully clothed.

* Your relatives and friends no longer think that you are strange for asking them to call you "Lizzy".

* You sing along with the background music.

* You find ways to quote Pride and Prejudice in daily life: "That shirt is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me." ~More favourite P&P lines~

* After hours of studying the dance scenes, you held a party and forced all your friends to learn the dance steps so that you could pretend to be Lizzy at the Netherfield Ball.

* You are saving up money to go to England to visit the filming locations.

* You made a special trip to England last year just to visit the filming locations.

* Your itinerary includes a special trip to Pemberley where you plan to stand at the window and say, "Of all this I might have been mistress" - and you are devastated when you find out that this is not possible since the Pemberley interiors and exteriors were filmed in separate locations.

* You think of time in terms of the number of Pride and Prejudice episodes you could watch in that amount of time. For example: "I’ll see you in four episodes" = "I’ll see you in four hours."

* You have pets and stuffed toys named Lizzy and Darcy.

* You name your first two children Lizzy and Darcy.

* Right after you splurged and bought the P&P video boxed set, you made two copies of it. The original videotapes are now in your display case (along with all your other precious objects and silverware), one copy is at your relative's house in case of a fire, and the third copy is for your daily viewing.

* Others refuse to watch P&P with you because they find your habit of reciting the whole movie in unison with the actors annoying.

* Even though you have never lived in Britain, you now regularly speak with a British accent.

* You find yourself often saying that you are "excessively diverted", "quite put out" or "most seriously displeased".

* You dance along with Lizzy and Darcy every time you watch the Netherfield Ball scene.

* You have played the whole movie in slow motion to prolong the ecstasy of watching the movie. (Unfortunately, the music and the sound doesn't work on slow motion so you don't do this very often.)

* You commonly use the "frame-by-frame" advance function on your VCR so that you don't miss any miniscule detail of your favourite scenes.

* Upon discovering that some characters wear their costumes more than once in different parts of the movie, you were inspired to draw up a large table in order to search for possible correlations between the costume worn and the mood of the character.

* You have drawn maps and layout plans of the rooms and the buildings in the movie. Here's a neat one.

* You special ordered a CD so you can listen to "Mr. Beveridge's Maggot" (over and over again) even when not watching the Netherfield Ball scene (eg. in the car, on the bus, while washing dishes, on the airplane, while taking a walk, while going for a jog, while vacuuming the house, while painting a fence....)

* You own two copies of Pride and Prejudice - one for the bedside, and one for downstairs reading.

* You own three copies of The Making of Pride and Prejudice - one for the beside, one for downstairs reading, and an extra copy in case either of them gets lost.

* You giggle whenever you see Mrs. Bennet or Mr. Collins, before they even open their mouths.

* You find yourself constantly quoting your favorite lines from P&P and you feel sorry for your family and friends when they give you confused looks since they have only watched P&P once (horrors!) and can't recall the lines.

* You start thinking of excuses to wear muslin dresses in the Regency style so you can look like Lizzy and Jane.

* You spent the past five months researching Regency fashions so that the "Netherfield Ball" dress that you will be wearing to the next formal occasion is historically accurate.

* You no longer need an excuse to wear Regency style clothing - you now wear it everyday as your own personal fashion statement and as a indication of your progressive sense of style!

* Your family and friends put a limit on when and where you can talk about P&P because, unbelievably, they are just so sick of it. (For example, Tuesdays and Thursdays are designated P&P-free days.)

* The above happens and you resort to saying lines that you hope they won't notice are from the movie (such as: "no, no, the green one.")

* You searched everywhere for a script of the movie and finally wrote your own (by studying each scene in detail) when you couldn't find one. With your new script in hand, you often recruit all your friends and force them to be a part of your P&P play while you simultaneously star as Lizzy (or Darcy) and direct it so that it matches the movie exactly.

* You have a complete list of all the differences between the book and the movie.

* Your list of differences is cross-referenced to the script of the movie that you wrote earlier.

* Every time you open "The Making of P&P" book, you immediately have to start watching the videos all over again!

* Saturday night finds you and your best friend putting your hair in buns and curling your bangs into ringlets in an attempt to imitate Regency hairstyles.

* You start referring to your ex and his new ditzy girlfriend as Wickham and Lydia.

* You realize everyone in your life fits a character in P&P, and you start desperately asking your "Colonel Fitzwilliam" if he has any cousins.

* When your friend declares a dislike for P&P, you seriously consider and re-evaluate the basis of your friendship.

* You have written your own stories to conclude the lives of the other characters in the movie.

* You are very proud of your most recent story, called P&P: The Next Generation.

* You tape a picture of Lizzy (or Darcy) to your ceiling so it's the first thing you see when you wake up in the morning.

* You download pictures of the movie from the internet to put in picture frames in your living room.

* As an excuse to watch P&P more often, you contact every friend and acquaintance you can think of and offer to loan them the P&P tapes (the backup ones, of course) with the understanding that you need to be there for the viewing.

* You can relate to most or all of the signs mentioned above!

This list is far from complete. Your contributions are welcome! Please e-mail them to me (see website--do not email them to *me*!)

http://www3.telus.net/yve/toomuch/toomuch.html