Menu

Need fiction book suggestions for ds7-to instill noble masculinity, chivalry, etc.

He is the kid who will run out the door and let it slam in my face. And he is wrestling, etc., with big sis (10) quite a bit. He's a good guy, for sure, and most of this is just 7 yr old boy stuff, but I'd just like to start giving him some good examples in books of noble manhood and gentlemanly character traits. I also feel like since he's with women so much of the time, masculine examples would be helpful.

We read "St. George and the Dragon" today. That type of stuff. Doesn't even have to the traits overtly mentioned, just books with strong and admirable masculine characters in them. (But we're pretty conservative-no magic, witches, etc.) Thanks!

Anything Enid Blyton or E. Nesbit tends to include male characters trying to be Noble and Chivalrous. Nesbit has some magic; try the ones without, such as The Wouldbegoods, or The Treasure Seekers. For Blyton, we like Secret Seven (younger) and Famous Five (older). Series fiction, but enjoyable.

We read "St. George and the Dragon" today. That type of stuff. Doesn't even have to the traits overtly mentioned, just books with strong and admirable masculine characters in them. (But we're pretty conservative-no magic, witches, etc.) Thanks!

This just struck me as incredibly funny, dragons are in, but no magic??

Great to get us started-thank you! Can't wait to try these!

(Melissel-we believe that "dragons" in ancient and even up to medieval times could possibly have been remnants from the dinosaurs. (We are Young Earth.) There are many drawings of dragon type creatures, etc., from ancient times, and they are similar looking from all around the world. I'm not dogmatic on this at all, but I think it could be at least possible.)