Menu

X-post: problem with LLftLotR and page numbers

Has anyone else had a problem with page numbers not matching the book? I recently purchased the 2nd edition and the recommended paperback LotR with matching ISBN. As early as lesson 5, dd noticed that some page numbers were off. Now almost every page number is off by as much as 2 pages, and I think the problem may get worse. I emailed the company on Friday, but I have not received a response.

Any ideas? I'm wondering if maybe only the hardback pages match up, even though both paperback and hardback were recommended on the website. Am I missing something?

Here's a link to the webpage with the recommended books:

http://www.homescholar.org/LOTR%20Curr.htm

Here's an example from the lesson for chapter 8. The first two blanks in the student guide indicates that the answers will be found on page 134 in the book. However, pg. 134 is the last page of chapter 7.

Has anyone else had a problem with page numbers not matching the book? I recently purchased the 2nd edition and the recommended paperback LotR with matching ISBN. As early as lesson 5, dd noticed that some page numbers were off. Now almost every page number is off by as much as 2 pages, and I think the problem may get worse. I emailed the company on Friday, but I have not received a response.

Any ideas? I'm wondering if maybe only the hardback pages match up, even though both paperback and hardback were recommended on the website. Am I missing something?

Here's a link to the webpage with the recommended books:

http://www.homescholar.org/LOTR%20Curr.htm

Here's an example from the lesson for chapter 8. The first two blanks in the student guide indicates that the answers will be found on page 134 in the book. However, pg. 134 is the last page of chapter 7.

We found the odd mistake (probably about 10-20) in the entire course, but that was like Sue's, the first ed.

I just spoke with Amelia Harper, the author of the guide. She says that she did not receive my email and that she is just learning of this problem. However, she did indicate that they are trying to figure out how this problem happened. She offered that she might be able to issue a corrections page. I'm not left feeling really great about this.

ETA: Ms. Harper called me back already, and they are working on figuring out where the problems are. She said she would issue a new copy of the guide if they need to do a reprint.

Edited by VBCaroline