Menu

Totally gross cleaning question... (a bit of TMI)

This is gross, but I am not sure how to clean this up.

Last night a member of my family got sick (both ways). The Big D soaked through down through to the (expensive) egg crate memory foam pad. I put some Borax on it right away to soak up some of it, but not all of it came up. How would you clean this further and completely??

My only solution is to throw it out.

Yes, it is expensive. Yes, that's a bummer.

However, this is a rare occurence. Once or twice in a lifetime. Just throw it out. Do without the fancy memory foam thingy until budget allows replacement.

Puke, human urine. . . these things can be worked around.

Some things cannot: Feces. Cat Pee.

Having lots of kids, dogs, cats, etc. . . I have thrown out more than my share of stuff over the years. After trying to wash gross stuff out of many things many times, I realized that unless the entire thing can go in the washing machine, it is

Just. Not. Worth. It.

My only solution is to throw it out.

Yes, it is expensive. Yes, that's a bummer.

However, this is a rare occurence. Once or twice in a lifetime. Just throw it out. Do without the fancy memory foam thingy until budget allows replacement.

Puke, human urine. . . these things can be worked around.

Some things cannot: Feces. Cat Pee.

Having lots of kids, dogs, cats, etc. . . I have thrown out more than my share of stuff over the years. After trying to wash gross stuff out of many things many times, I realized that unless the entire thing can go in the washing machine, it is

Just. Not. Worth. It.

:iagree:, Sorry.