Menu

help me choose...

I am on my way to the therapist. I have a one hour appointment and more issues than can possibly be discussed within the hour.

Which issue should I focus on?

my Meaning of Life / Purpose of my life issue

my DH issue

my DD13 issue

my DS8 issue

my MIL issue

my Bio-family issue

my anxiety issue

the list goes on but I won't bore you.

Care to choose? :001_smile:

Not meaning of life.

Is one of the relationship ones more intense right now? Or are some of them dependent on each other? Choose to put out the "fire" right now.

Hard to say. They are all so intense that am confused. MIL can probably go last. Maybe DH and DD13 tie for first. But the others would all be vying seriously for second place. Sigh. Maybe I should book a longer appointment next time. I also do not want to let the urgent trump the important....I really need to work on me - not just me in relation to others.

Hard to say. They are all so intense that am confused. MIL can probably go last. Maybe DH and DD13 tie for first. But the others would all be vying seriously for second place. Sigh. Maybe I should book a longer appointment next time. I also do not want to let the urgent trump the important....I really need to work on me - not just me in relation to others.

I went through therapy and self help and all of that for years to work on my relationships. Think about what issues you have in common with all of them. For example, for me, I was quick to judge and had a sharp tongue which ignited every relationship. It took time for me to realize that it was how I handled my relationships and not the others. Now, in all fairness, I have a dysfunctional family (don't most of us?). But I learned how to deal with them better. So my suggestion is to think about similarities. Maybe you are frustrated with all of them because they are dense and self centered. Maybe you seem to always disagree on the same topics with all of them. Who knows - you do, but that is the joy of therapy, patterns will emerge and suddenly you have something to work on. I hope I haven't sounded harsh or judgemental. Therapy is tough and wonderful stuff. I wish you luck.