Menu

Compacting WWE3

Spellbound

DS9 is a reluctant writer and this is our first year of homeschooling. I put him in WWE3 to get him use to such a different style from what he was use to and wanted to do frequent small amounts of writing per SWB. The physical act of writing causes the reluctance. His narrations are awesome! He has an amazing vocabulary and uses beautiful sentences. Dictation is tolerated but he does it well. I find that he is very good at it and seems to enjoy the verbal aspect, but the physical act is such a deterant. Do I consider compacting WWE3? Do I need to wait until the muscles are developed to go to WWE4? Help please :D

Maybe he could just write the first sentence or two of the narrations and you can write the rest. Then you could gradually build up his tolerance by having him write more of the narration himself. This way, you could keep going through the program without making him crazy.

As for compacting, I do two days at a time, but we are doing WWE2. My inclination would be to say that you could do the same, and maybe five days a week instead of 4, just to get through it faster. But if the dictation combined with writing the narration is too much for him, I would not double up. It's probably better to go more slowly now so you can build up his tolerance for writing. I imagine WWE4 would involve even more writing.

Hope that helps

I actually have started him typing. He's been doing a keyboard program for a bit and I just recently started having him do a letter and a narration a week to transition more to it. I just read something on another forum about low working memory and writing. His low working memory is a weakness relative to his other areas but not really low, but this made me laugh. In WWE3, when I have to write down his narration. HE sounds like SWB on the YouTube writing video with her son. "No, Mom, this is what I said". I can't hold it in my head either! Oh! You mean you get that from me also?:lol:

Edited by Spellbound
Because I felt like it

Honestly, I would have him write it unless you think that he just isn't capable of it. If he isn't capable, I'd start with one or two sentences and then build up to having him write the whole thing. My son has similar issues and skipping writing won't solve them. Now, if your son was 5, I would respond very differently.

I do agree with the teaching keyboarding as well, but I still feel it is important that they be able to write some.

Lisa