Menu

What time does your husband get home from work?

He leaves at about ten past seven and gets home somewhere between 7.30 and 8.30, these days. He's working on his boss to be allowed to work on the train so he can leave the office earlier. That'll be nice. When he was teaching, he got home earlier, but he wasn't available, so this set up is actually better. If he has to work, it's better that he isn't here at all. The commute is about 2 hours each way.

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say what a pleasure it has been reading page after page of posts about husbands coming home. Just so nice, you know?

Mine travels, and we never know what week he's going to be home, let alone what day or time. I look forward to the day when we'll be able to look forward to his coming home each evening.

In the meantime... thank you for the happy posts!

wow

I guess I'm in an alternate universe. My husband leaves at 815 when he drives my ds to preschool on his way. Otherwise he can leave as late as 8:45 or so. He gets home about 5:15-5:30 on a normal day. There are times where he will get home later than that, and sometimes he'll come home to help w/dinner and bedtime, and then go back til really late. THere are stretches where he will work as late as 1am for weeks, but that is only 2-3 times/yr. His commute is currently 13 min with 1 light, and next week will change to 6 minutes with no lights hooray! We like to eat lunch with him frequently.

My dh is military and is 2nd in command on his current ship. So he leaves at about 0430 and if it's a good day is home by 1800. If he's on deployment we'll drop him off at the ship about 1800 the night before they leave and pick him up about 6-7 months later.

DH leaves between 5-530 am and gets home around 630-700 pm.

If he shows up at home before 6pm, I've usually not even started dinner and have been known to ask if he got fired.

We haven't had a 6 month deployment since we got married. But the last two years have been away for 3, home for a few weeks, then away for 3 (repeat for a couple years).

We are one of the oddballs. Mine works 7 days on 7 days off. Well that is what it is suppose to be. He works on the drilling rigs. One week he works 12 hours 6am-6pm, the next week he works 6pm - 6am. Now if they are moving the rig he is gone an extra few days, also if there is safety classes, meetings, etc. more days and hours are added. His work right now is 145 miles away one way. So, he will be staying there for the week. When he is less than 100 miles one way he will drive daily.

Last month he was home for 4 days. We had to go see him. Now this month so far he has had 4 days off also, but we are hoping for more. Even though it is not looking very good.

He works really hard for us and we are very proud of him and extremely thankful.

We're another odd-ish family. Typically dh works 12 hour shifts 7am-7pm or pm-am, 3 days on, 4 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off. Right now he is working 12 noon- 10pm but when parts aren't in, he is home early. SO actually the answer to your question is, whenever he's done! :lol:

Job 1: leaves at 7:20, gets home at 6:30 - 1 hr drive each way.

Eats supper w/us, plays outside, gives bath...

Job 2: 8:30-12:30/1:30am (at home but on computer, editing)

Job 2/3: Weekends - wedding? gone all day and into the night; no wedding? about 7 hrs editing Sat & Sun; flu clinic - gone 1/2-whole day sat &/or sun

Mine travels, and we never know what week he's going to be home, let alone what day or time. I look forward to the day when we'll be able to look forward to his coming home each evening.

I COMPLETELY understand!!!!!

When my dh first started working for the USDA, he was essentially a substitute. He would fill in for a week at a time for people who were on vacation, medical leave, etc. We would find out on Friday where he was going to be on Sunday/Monday (sometimes Sunday because the night shift at plants would start on Sunday night).

Then he got promoted. He worked from home, but he would travel all around the state (actually 3 different states) several times a week. Sometimes he'd be home overnight, sometimes he wouldn't - it would all depend on how close the plant was. But in the morning I would not know whether he'd be home for supper that night or if he'd even sleep there that night.

He got promoted again and is doing what he does now. He travels about 10-12 weeks out of the year (like this week). 2-4 of those weeks are spent in Hawaii and Guam, and I hate him the whole time.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyhoo...I SOOOOOOOO have been there with the travel thing and the "will he even be home?" thing!!!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm the income earner in my house after my dh lost his job 2 years ago.

I leave the house around 7:00am (before the kids are up) and am home anywhere between 7pm and 10pm 5 nights per week. I teach during the day and have about 15 hours of tutoring per week 5 nights a week. A couple week-ends per month I go into school and try and get caught up -- never seems to happen though :). In addition, I pick up my daughter from the gym 3 nights per week at 9pm as a part of our carpool.

The last ten years dh has left at 7:30 and returned home at 5pm. He was just given a big promotion and while I'm happy/exicted/feel blessed (esp. for the extra income) I have a feeling his days may become longer. I've become very used to having him around so much - before this he was in the Marines and I never knew when/if he would walk in the door.

Dh works about 30 hours a week to support us and loves every minute of his work. He works 6 evenings a week, and 4 mornings. I think he would work 7 evenings a week if I would let him but I demand one evening a week for family time. He doesnt start work till 8pm so we have plenty of time for dinner etc. (He runs therapy type groups)

We have him around plenty though. Thursdays and Fridays he has no morning work so he comes and wants to take me to the movies or out to lunch, which is sweet buy very disruptive of school time. :001_smile::glare::001_smile:

For the most part, yes. He is bound to his Blackberry though (has even had to send work e-mails in the middle of Sunday School or the sermon). And if there is some sort of bruhaha going on (he's in management) like personnel issues or a food recall, he may have to work from home some. Occasionally (not often) he'll have to travel on a Sunday. About once or twice a year he has to travel to Hawaii (the poor thing), and he'll be gone over the weekend then. He usually works from his hotel room the whole time on those weekends.

We don't have much of a "lifestyle" to speak of, but I'd gladly give it up to have him around more.

I so understand. Mine just got home at about 8:15. He is never earlier than 7, often not home until 8:30, and it's not unusual for it to be 10 or 11. He also is on his Blackberry a lot over the weekend and has to do more work from home over the weekend.

When we were living abroad,Dh's hours were varied; sometimes working for weeks or months away,other times working not too far from us.

Currently, he is working about 20-30 hrs a week,and most of that is at night,after dinner.

He works from home and tries to keep the days free so we can hangout together( dr appointments,school runs,trips to park,shopping etc) and then works once dinner is over and kids are heading off to bed.

Mine leaves at 6am every day and if it is a good day, then he gets home at 7pm. He promptly changes clothes and works on our 50 acre farm or fixes things or whatever. Some nights he doesn't get to come home at all if he is operating all night. Weekends he does tons of projects around here. He makes me feel VERY lazy!! It is rare that he isn't working either here or at the hospital. He apologizes if he sits in a chair to watch tv and that is only when he is sick!!!! (No cable here, so it is sports though most of the time he is working on something while the tv is on, not sitting.)

Christine

It depends. About 3 months out of the year, he is home at 5:30. Right now, it may be as late as 7. There have been times he's worked until 9. During the busy season, which is now, a lot of times he gets home and then goes back out again. He's also on the phone fixing problems all evening.

Three nights a week, the girls and I have commitments, so I really don't know what time he gets home. He usually starts around 4am and some mornings as late as 6am. His time clocks begins as soon as he leaves, so there is no commute time.