Menu

Walking Club 9/20-9/26

You guys are AWESOME!!!

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

As soon as I can take a deep enough breath, the coughing subsides, and my head's not so cloudy, I'm back in the game. My dog doesn't think it's quick enough - poor thing does the "walking dance" every time I pass by the back door; she's killing me.

I did have some problems last night though, my legs were all twitchy and they kept waking me up. My husband said I overstimulated them. We will see tonight.

Hubby is probably right, but I wanted to suggest that if it persists, make sure you are eating foods rich in potassium and magnesium, because deficiencies in those can cause muscle cramps and tension.

Well, I am very happy to report that we did it!. We hiked the La Luz trail: 8 miles, starting at somewhere around 6300 feet and ending at around 10,300. We rode the tram back down the mountain. Then we headed to a pub for burgers and beers (root beer for dd!).

I am going to be so sore tomorrow!!! After the five mile mark, there was a series of switchbacks over this very steep talus field. The "trail" was very rough in places and quite steep, my legs turned to jelly, my lungs were screaming and my heart pounding. After an eternity of this, hubby announced that we were on switchback number seven . . . out of nineteen!!! :svengo: But somehow I made it.

Let's hope that I'm just ABLE to walk tomorrow! :lol:

Guest TheBugsMom

Walked my desired steps today. Seems I am getting a following. Some little girls at the end of my block talk to me every evening when I pass them, but this time they stayed with me for a while. It made the walk seem faster.

DH was able to walk Thursday evening but since then either due to (a) weather (b) his work schedule or © J being sick, neither one of us has got to walk since then-waah!

Hope to be able to start walking again sometime this week. Not going to happen today though, DH has to be at work in just a few hours and J is not letting me out of his sight.

Sat. I only walked 2 blocks maybe about 15 minutes. We were going out of town to visit family and didn't want to get a late start and the washing machine died in the morning so it was hectic.

Sunday the puppy, baby and I walked about 55 minutes. My guess on the mileage was somewhere between 2 and 2 1/4 miles.

I am planning on walking this morning in about an hour. It is still dark here and is supposed to continue to rain:tongue_smilie:

ETA: Just finished walking 1 1/2 miles and only got a few drops of rain on me.

Edited by Mama Geek

Happy Monday Walkers!!!

I did not walk this morning, I rode my bike instead 1 mile. I just didn't feel like walking but didn't want to skip it so I just rode my bike. I will try for one lap every day this week and next week push it up to two. If I try to do too much I will fail so baby steps here. I might toss some Wii time in there to start tightening my tummy but I doubt it :D though, that hula hoop one kicks my butt.