Menu

Proud of DSS's attitude and actions this week!

DSS signed up for classes at the technical high school. He chose to sign up for classes where he can earn college credits AND certifications that will lead to jobs in the future (CISCO and PC Hardware courses). In spite of the fact that these are not his "dream jobs," he realized that college credits AND certifications could lead to jobs that would pay for him to go to college and follow his interests later on.

He has finished his chores (without being told at that) for the first time in 2 years.

He has been more social, both at home and with friends, than he has been in months.

He also got a job interview (Office Max).

I hope this trend continues because it has made life around the house much more pleasant. :001_smile::001_smile::001_smile:

I have been following your posts about your dss, and I admire all of you for the way you are walking this out. You have been forgiving of imperfection and willing to fight for a course that works for him. I think there are too few parenting books written for parents of those kids who have some real struggles launching into adulthood. These kids are special, and all we can do is hold on and do our best to help them through.

I'm so glad your dss has had a good week. He must feel like he's accomplished something, and he's bravely taking steps to change. Hooray! I'll keep all of you in my prayers!

Beth

Guest janainaz

That's really wonderful! Good for him. :001_smile: Hopefully there is some healing taking place in his heart. It's amazing what a little time and space to just "be" can do.