Menu

The Core history timeline

Amy Jo

I looked at "The Core" in my local bookstore, and was intrigued by the history & geography chapters. I had planned something similar to the geography ideas, but it was nice to see her plan broken down. I also like the idea of memorizing a framework for history. But I didn't see a list of events to memorize, other than it seems the presidents are included.

How can I get the list of the 204 events??? LOL. (And there is no CC in my state, plus I doubt I could afford it anyway. So joining is out.) Is there a copy of the list online somewhere?

Thanks!

Amy

The timeline is memorized from the Veritas Press timeline cards. At CC they do memorize them in a slightly different order. I don't know if there sequence is online or not. But it is in the foundations guide which you can buy from the CC bookstore for $50 or find it to purchase used.

Of course you can always memorize them the VP way instead.

Yes and see if you can check out what is on the cards first. I purchased the VP cards to go with SOTW 2 last year and was quite disappointed after the expense. They are very heavy on church history and not so much on world history, IMO. The other sets may be different. And I did not care for the CD, which I understand CC also uses for the history memorization. See if you can hear a sample somewhere first.

Yes and see if you can check out what is on the cards first. I purchased the VP cards to go with SOTW 2 last year and was quite disappointed after the expense. They are very heavy on church history and not so much on world history, IMO. The other sets may be different. And I did not care for the CD, which I understand CC also uses for the history memorization. See if you can hear a sample somewhere first.

Which cd? The one by VP or by CC? CC's audio cd does not have the VP history cards on them.

The VP history cd will not line up w/ CC's different order.

Just FYI.