Menu

New History Pockets!

Sherri in MI

Hi!

You all might know about this already, but in case you don't, Evan Moor has added some new History Pocket to their series: American Revolution, Civil War and Ancient Rome. They are for 4th - 6th grade.

I'm very excited! The Revolution one is just in time for our History studies!

God bless,

Sherri in MI

We used the Civil War one a couple months ago. The kids really loved it. We found a neat plastic folder-thing with pockets and a strap to close it to use for the actual pockets, instead of constructing them. It was at WalMart for $3.xx, and it's much more durable than the paper pockets we've made in the past. Each page/pocket even has a place to slip in the title of the pocket - it was perfect!

I just purchased 3 of these off of ebay (1-3 Ancient Civilizations, 4-6 Ancient Greece & Egypt). I plan on using them next year. Since I've never used them, if anyone has tips or advice to make the best of them, I would love to hear. I plan on using the 1-3 grade to try and bring my Kindergarten age son into my 11yo dd study of ancient history. Has anyone used the lower elementary with a kindergartener?

Amy of GA

11yo dd

4yo ds

I have used the history pockets with my girls when one was 2nd and the other kinder. They loved them and still to this day, they will drag it out and play with the puppets they made. We did ancient civilizations and for fun, the folktales one.

I did have to write for my k'er, though.

HTH,

Madonna