Menu

Funny garage sale moment :)

Warning!!! If you are a fan of the Pearle's this won't be funny!!!

Okay, so many of you know that I was once a very conservative Christian. Today, my neighborhood was having a garage sale, and we joined in for the first time in 3 yrs. I had a giant box of VHS tapes marked free. All day there was a ton of traffic, it was a great sale. Towards the end, my dh goes over to the VHS box...and SNORTS!!!! I look up and he says, "well honey, you managed to get rid of every VHS tape we owned...except this!!!" and in his hand is a celophaned wrapped copy of "Wives Honor your Husbands." :D

It was a great way to end the sale!!!

Note: What made this moment so special for us...is that having a garge sale is one of the things I hadn't "reclaimed" since the attack. It was another...albeit small...part of me that I got back, with just a bit of fun at the end ;)

:lol::lol::lol: That is funny. So what did you do with the tape? Burn it? Pull the tape out? smash it with a hammer? donate it?

Truthfully, I hadn't realized it was in the box till that moment. Now, I will have to come up with something interesting. Maybe I could crochet the video ribbon into a headband ;).

Truthfully, I hadn't realized it was in the box till that moment. Now, I will have to come up with something interesting. Maybe I could crochet the video ribbon into a headband ;).

I'm sure that would be very attractive. :001_huh::lol: Use it to tie a ribbon around your trash can, let the neighbors wonder. Target practice? Pull the ribbon out and then drop the tape from your moving vehicle (let someone else drive) and watch as it unrolls. (Not to be attempted on the highway) Go drop it in the lake? No, might poison the fish. Take it camping and burn it in the fire.

I have a few things from my past lives that I've taken great joy in destroying in weird ways. :D

I don't know who the Pearls are, but I'm not a fan of garage sales. :)

Glad yours was a success! Our neighborhood is having one in October...still deciding if I want to participate, or not.

We had ours today. DH and I are a dream couple. Every married couple wants to be us. The garage sale made us fight. Don't do it! RUN AWAY!:auto:

So I take it that that tape was put out by the Pearls ? Ewwwwww, stomp on it and crack it or pull it apart and tear it before it has a chance to reproduce. :lol::lol::lol: Don't let it get away before you have a chance to do it in. :D

Ok, I am crying now!!!! Wow! too funny :lol:!

Note: What made this moment so special for us...is that having a garge sale is one of the things I hadn't "reclaimed" since the attack. It was another...albeit small...part of me that I got back, with just a bit of fun at the end ;)

I am not sure that I know what "attack" you are talking about, but I am glad you managed to do something to reclaim your old self. The movie find is a HOOT! :lol: