Menu

Voyages in English

hsmommyx3

I was planning on using R&S next year for English but I have found Voyages in English & it looks really good. Has anyone here had any experience with it? It is more expensive than R&S and so I am hesistant to buy it because we are on a budget. However, I am really leaning toward fronting the extra money to get it. I would love to hear if anyone here has used it and what your opinions are of it!

Thanks!

I have used the old 1940-1950) versions with my dc. I did get a reprint of a workbook for ds but it turns out he hate workbooks so we didn't continue that.

I have a tendency to use textbooks as a spine, rather than just assigning a lesson each day. I look at the text, decide what I want to cover and teach it to dd Waldorf style. Sometimes we would go over the exercises orally. I never had her just sit down and do a lesson, busy-work style.

So, even though I used Voyages in English, I'm probably answering what you really want to know.

Voyages in English was originally a Catholic curruculum, but I understand the newer versions have been revised and the Catholic components were taken out. I don't know if that matters one way or the other to you.

Also, VE doesn't include writing. R&S has many writing assignments included throughout the program. If you use VE, you'll need to do an additional writing program.