Menu

Good photo scanner?

I have a new computer with online backup. My goal by the end of this year is to take all our old pictures (before digital) and scan them into this computer and finally have all our pics in one place. I have a printer that is still good but I don't think the scanner is the best. I want a good, easy scanner even if all it does is scan pictures. Is there such a thing or do I need to just get a new printer? I know printers aren't real expensive these days but my main goal is a good picture scanner so I'm not sure what I need to get. Any advice?

The Epson V600 is at the top of my list right now. It seems to have the most features that I am looking for, including using their digital ice on both pictures and negatives. The 700 sounds nice but probably more than I need for my purposes. Glad to hear you like Epson because I didn't know how they rank in the modern photo world these days.

I have an Epson that is several years old, and it is still going strong. The scanned photos are excellent, and when I print them, I can't tell they have been scanned. One thing I like is that I can put several photos on the scanner bed and it scans them all at once, yet separates them into different .jpegs. That way I can scan 4 photos at one time, a time saver.