Menu

Dhl sucks @##!

asta

I spent one HUNDRED dollars to send part of my son's bagpipes to Scotland to be re-fit.

One HUNDRED dollars.

Express, next day service. With insurance.

They are GONE!

GONE!

Do you know what DHL had to say to me? "Well, it's Friday. You can call back Monday and file a report with the police to get your money back from us."

The police?

THE POLICE? I live in a @#$%^&*() foreign country! THAT's going to go just SWIMMINGLY.

Those pipes were hand made in the United States (by a Scot). I can't just replace them. Now I have HALF of a set of bagpipes. I can't get the other half replaced for at LEAST six months. Kid is flying to Scotland Monday morning for lessons. FLYING TO SCOTLAND FOR LESSONS! It isn't like that is something I could just afford to do every day. This has been planned for forever and a day.

I just want to get really drunk and cry.

asta

DHL still says they are lost, but they magically made it to Scotland and are in the hands of the piping instructor!

Edited by asta

Oh, asta! How awful!

Have you tried getting a supervisor on the phone? Maybe they are stuck in a corner somewhere - if you talk to enough people, someone might be moved out of their complacency and go the extra mile for you. Keep calling, and try to keep moving up the chain of command.

J

That IS horrible & I'm so sorry! DHL DOES suck! Our company used to use them to mail the paychecks out from our main office to all the satellite offices and I can't tell you the amount of times I had to deal with a line of angry employees on Friday because their checks weren't in the office! When we were adopting our son, the stupid travel agent sent our visas for Russia DHL & they were late -- we almost had to reschedule the whole trip which probably would have meant losing our son to another family. I never, ever use them.

If you can find them on a Friday, call your congress person! My mother often did this to get fast results especially with an international problem. The advice to keep going up the chain of command and threatening plastering this all over the social media etc. sometimes works. Maybe the instructor on the other end has some local contacts too? So, so sorry for this added stress. I's implore St. Anthony too if you are so inclined....

Mary

I've had issues with DHL before. If it is at all possible I don't have anything shipped through them.

Your situation is awful - heartbreaking. I'd keep going up the chain of command until I spoke to one of the higher ups if not the president of the company him/herself. Would the information here or possibly here help you do that?

I would probably get drunk, get on the phone, and cry (rather loudly) in that order. When did "I don't know, call back later" become an acceptable customer service statement??????

BWA HA HA!

We just heard from the piping instructor and the pipe stocks are sitting on his desk. We have no idea how long they've been there, but DHL still thinks they are floating around mainland Europe.

I tell ya, I am SOOOO tempted to file a "lost box you owe me 500 euro" ticket with those yahoos out of spite it isn't even funny - but the karma would bite me in the arse. As it is, kid will lose out on an entire day of pipe instruction (will have to do practice chanter) because the pipes won't be ready yet. Grrr.

a

BWA HA HA!

We just heard from the piping instructor and the pipe stocks are sitting on his desk. We have no idea how long they've been there, but DHL still thinks they are floating around mainland Europe.

I tell ya, I am SOOOO tempted to file a "lost box you owe me 500 euro" ticket with those yahoos out of spite it isn't even funny - but the karma would bite me in the arse. As it is, kid will lose out on an entire day of pipe instruction (will have to do practice chanter) because the pipes won't be ready yet. Grrr.

a

:lol::lol::lol: Wow, I'd let them sweat it out for a while. Not that they are super concerned about your package, but isn't it nice that you have to solve your own issues when you pay so much for the customer service. :glare:

I'm glad there is a happy ending, but DHL *does* suck. They once delivered our checks - two boxes of CHECKS - to a house down the street!!! And LEFT THEM ON THE PORCH. Thankfully we have very good neighbors. When they got home and found them, they instantly called me so I could come get them. I called the bank and reported the issue, and they now have a policy that says that DHL cannot deliver any checks. It was a mess.

:) I'm happy to hear they've been found!

Both my boys have expressed interest in learning the bagpipes. I don't know the first thing about getting started. Sounds expensive, so I've been steering them toward other instruments.

DH loves bagpipe music, though; it always makes him teary eyed.