Menu

Kindle mamas~

My friend's DH just ordered her a Kindle for her birthday. (I still can't get used to the idea.) But I'd really like to make her a cover for it. I found the perfect pattern and I'm so excited. I asked her which she has and she responded, "Oh just the $139 one." Which one is that?! Is that considered the Kindle2, Kindle 3, or the New Generation? I ask because they are apparently different sizes and that's going to be important. :D

Help?

It should be this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reader-Wifi-Graphite/dp/B002Y27P3M/ref=amb_link_354009602_4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0HXQW1R1NVEHF80B4NR5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1275409242&pf_rd_i=507846

I'll also explain in case the link doesn't work. There are 3 versions out right now. The DX is the one that is different in size; it's bigger and more expensive. Then you have the regular Kindle with either 3G and wi-fi (constant access to the Kindle store), or just wi-fi (access only when you are near a wi-fi network). Those two are the same size.

and I guess I could cut to the chase and tell you that the size is 7.5" x 4.8" x 0.335". Target has both Kindles and Kindle cases/covers on display if that would help.

How are you going to make her a cover?

I wish it was my idea but it isn't.

This link had been posted in another forum (HyenaCart) and I ran across a beautiful one someone had made. This led me to the pattern. It's a bit like a book cover, but it holds your Kindle. I knew she was getting one for her birthday and she loves handmade. :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BirdifulStitches

There is a pattern for the Kindle sleeves as well. Great idea, and inexpensive pattern. Thank you for the help!