Menu

For those who use Puertas Abiertas...

daisychics

I am watching this thread closely as well! We are getting ready to purchase either La Clase Divertida or Puertas Ab.. I still cant decide????:confused:

But, i am leaning more towards PA, now that I hear they are working on level 2 due out next year.

I wish i could see a sample of the TOC from Puertas, KWIM? I wonder how much you have to per week to be done by the end of the year. I feel like I cant get the whole picture about what each week looks like with PA samples.....so that is hard for me.

Anyone care to shed some light!!

I wish i could see a sample of the TOC from Puertas, KWIM? I wonder how much you have to per week to be done by the end of the year. I feel like I cant get the whole picture about what each week looks like with PA samples.....so that is hard for me.
There are 5 DVD's, each with 5 or 6 lessons. I'd recommend watching each lesson at least 2 or 3 times before doing the cd/workbook exercises. Occasionally go back to older lessons so the kids can be impressed with how much more they understand than the first time through. Since the program is an immersion one, and concepts are constantly reinforced, there is always something extra to pick up.

Topics covered: alphabet through ñ, numbers to 20, clothing, body parts, colours, animals, basic descriptors (man, woman, tall, short, fat, big, small, etc), simple phrases like "hace frio" and "hace calor." A number of verbs, typically in the imperative, are covered as well. These are typically integrated into the lessons. These include walk like, act like, sing, stand, sit, close, open, put on (clothing), take off (clothing), turn around, stick (out your tongue), touch, scratch, stroke, jump, and walk.

great info. THanks!

So, would you say that we would watch the dvd every day, then do the worksheet on Fridays. WOuld that be a working schedule??

How many worksheets are there (is it one for each lesson?/)

I think the TM suggests 4 days per week: video, video, lesson, video. We watched the video 3 times then did the workbook. The number of worksheets depends upon the lesson; I'd say the average is 6. However, there is no text in most of the worksheets and there is a lot of whitespace. The TM contains transcripts (and translations) of the CD's as well as the answers. The CD's themselves also contain the answers when a spoken response is called for. Many of the activities involve pointing. You have to be with the child; the worksheets are not something they can do on their own.