Menu

Anyone else doing R&S Reading/Phonics 2

cheryl h

I was just wondering what you thought of the readers and reading workbooks. It's way less actual reading per lesson than we're used to and a lot more workbook. Two pages of vocabulary/new word intro followed by two pages of reading comprehension on the very short story. It seems like a lot of workbook pages...hopefully we'll get used to it. My dd7, who is an almost completely compliant student, is giving me attitude over the length of the assignments. If you use this program do you do one lesson or story per day? Would love someone elses experiences and thoughts. Thanks

I was just wondering what you thought of the readers and reading workbooks. It's way less actual reading per lesson than we're used to and a lot more workbook. Two pages of vocabulary/new word intro followed by two pages of reading comprehension on the very short story. It seems like a lot of workbook pages...hopefully we'll get used to it. My dd7, who is an almost completely compliant student, is giving me attitude over the length of the assignments. If you use this program do you do one lesson or story per day? Would love someone elses experiences and thoughts. Thanks

I'm not using it but I have looked at it. My daughter loves learning but she would most certainly REVOLT if I had her do the R&S reading program :)

Could you have her read the stories and then narrate them? Do some of the worksheets orally? Let her answer the questions on a whiteboard?