Menu

Who is exercising today? Check in here and share what you did to exercise!

BMW

This morning, after too many years of ignoring the need to exercise, I put in a dance video workout and had a blast. And then I felt a surge of energy during the morning hours. Why haven't I been doing this the past few years?? It felt SO good.

What are you doing for exercise today and this week?

I went to the indoor community pool and swam laps for 45 min. I feel great. Dh is home 3 mornings a week so I will go to the pool on those days and the other 2 weekdays I will do my Leslie S. walking tapes. On weekends the entire family goes swimming and for long walks. I have lost 25 pounds since I started doing this 2 months ago.

As soon as I finish cleaning the kitchen, I'm going to get on the treadmill.

I watch an hour-long show that I have on dvr, and I walk. Each time I get to a commercial break, I will jog for a minute then go back to walking, fast-forwarding through the rest of the commercial break. It should actually take me a bit under an hour, because of fast-forwarding out most of the commercials.

I'm really going to do it. Really. I am.

30 minutes platform step watching Teaching Company - Dr. Fears - Lives of Famous Romans - Virgil.

So that is classical exerising. :lol:

I am on week 3, Day 5 of my couch to 5k, so I did a 5 minute brisk walk, 7 minute jog, 5 minute brisk walk, then I walked with dd5 while she rode her bike for a mile and half which meant run, stop, walk, run, stop, stop run for a mile and a half.

Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metab this morning.

I always dread the thought of starting her dvds even though it's been more than three months since I started (June 7 this year). Hard, hard, super hard. I'm still doing it because the results has been spectacular, even more so when I added Banish Fat to No More Trouble Zone.

It's been frustrating because I actually weigh more now than when I started. My husband started running again after 22 years, and he already lost 10 of the 15 lbs he wanted to lose in just 3.5 weeks. IT's so UNFAIR. I didn't need to lose weight, but needed to get rid of the fat wrapping around my stomach and hips. I pretty much lost the fat around my waist, and only have an inch or two around my middle stomach, but I'm back to fitting solidly into my size.

I try doing both about 4 times a week; BFBM in the morning, and NMTZ at night.

Well, I've been exercising my jaws, as in:

Hurry up!

Get to work!

Be quiet, please!

Unfortunately, I don't feel energized from this exercise. I feel exhausted.

I call this cross training!!! :lol::lol:

I ran while pushing my dd in the stroller. I'm training for a marathon and today was my short, fast run. So, it was only 2.5 miles. But, I did it pushing a stroller in 20 minutes!!! I was pretty happy with that.

Are you serious? You do TWO Jillian dvds a day??????? :eek::eek: You are incredible!

Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metab this morning.

I always dread the thought of starting her dvds even though it's been more than three months since I started (June 7 this year). Hard, hard, super hard. I'm still doing it because the results has been spectacular, even more so when I added Banish Fat to No More Trouble Zone.

It's been frustrating because I actually weigh more now than when I started. My husband started running again after 22 years, and he already lost 10 of the 15 lbs he wanted to lose in just 3.5 weeks. IT's so UNFAIR. I didn't need to lose weight, but needed to get rid of the fat wrapping around my stomach and hips. I pretty much lost the fat around my waist, and only have an inch or two around my middle stomach, but I'm back to fitting solidly into my size.

I did a run/walk this morning - more running than walking! I can't believe that I let myself go from being able to run 7 miles with no problem to not being able to run a mile without walking. :glare:

:grouphug::grouphug: But you're BACK!!!!! You'll get back to 7 miles in no time!!!

well, I got out of bed, got dressed and walked downstairs........does that count? :lol:

It has just been one of 'those' days where getting off the couch takes effort.

some days, yes, this counts!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

So that is classical exerising. :lol:

:lol::lol: LOL!!

I taught pilates, bodypump and then bodystep back to back to back. Ugh. Too much but seems like everyone I work with is injured, sick or has sick kids. On the bright side, I digging into a bowl of mint chip ice cream with zero guilt. May even pour myself a medicinal glass of red wine.

Jillian Michaels. No More Trouble Zones. I love her!

I do NMTZ 3 times a week, and "half" ('cause I only do the circuits one time) of Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism 2 times per week. There is no. way. I could do that entire BF/BM DVD. But I LOVE NMTZ.

Edited by Hoggirl
typo

I played with the dog and dropped the kids off at the Y for racquetball (at which point I came home and looked up recipes). Does that count? Living vicariously, and all that?

I did do that today, but I'm only sort of kidding, because usually I do things while they are there (at the Y). I do have the kids signed up for a fair few Y activities, and during that time I usually walk the track, racking up about 2.5 miles for each lesson they have.

Good gravy. Color me impressed. I bet you're buff!

I just did Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. That's enough for me for one day!

btw, has anyone seen the new DVDs that Bob Harper has coming out? They honestly look like they'll give BFBM/NMTZ a run for their money. I love, love, love Jillian's DVDs . . . but I admit, I'm looking forward to giving Bob's a try. If only for a new brand of torture. :tongue_smilie:

(I'm not associated, don't sell them, etc. Just think they look cool. And insane.)

All right, my workout was pretty lame but at least I am back to moving my body. It's been awhile.

I did "Sit and Be Fit" (?) on PBS today. But I stood, exaggerated every movement to make the most of it, and chose heavier weights for the shoulder/arm stuff than what the 80 year old models were using. I'm pretty sure I am ready for a more challenging program.

Tomorrow morning is one episode of Boston Legal while I'm on a reclined treadmill - so, 42 minutes. Yoga in the afternoon.