Menu

Free Email Suggestions Please

I have been a hotmail user for years and have never had a problem with spam until recently. I just deleted 21 junk messages for the 3rd time tonight. I do not give this personal email addy out to any company because I am an extreme spam/junk hater. The only thing I can figure is hotmail has sold addresses (I came to this conclusion when a brand new account suddenly had 12 messages in junk. I had yet to even send the address to family!!).

So all that rambling to say that I want a good free email that has serious junk fighters. I want to be able to block any sender I want and if I put it on a phishing list I want the messages to stop coming. I do not want a company who sells my information (Juno!). I want my email to stay within my family an no one else.

I must have control of my email!! :)

Any suggestions?

google rocks...gmail, google reader, chrome for browser, google voice...we're a google family!

:iagree::iagree: with all of the above.

You forgot Google Calendar and Google Earth. :D

(I do love my Firefox though.)

ETA: My Google mail comes into my Windows Mail inbox. I consider that a big advantage, though I still don't know how my son did that...

Edited by darlasowders

I have noticed that my family will too often use my "good" gmail address on websites (i.e. my mom bought plane tickets to come see us and had the website send me a confirmation email as well). I have repeatedly (and continue to) asked them to use my junk email address for that or forward it to me from their personal email, not the website. This has cut down on the amount of spam I get.

The email address I used to sign up for facebook now gets so much spam I never even want to check it.

Gmail here, too. I have no problems with spam on gmail.:D

:iagree::iagree: with all of the above.

You forgot Google Calendar and Google Earth. :D

(I do love my Firefox though.)

I did..as well as google documents :)

I dropped firefox about six months ago and never looked back. I was a total FF person til I tried out Chrome. It just works so much faster on my machine, and has some pretty nifty features.