Menu

Anyone else here do curriculum Beta testing?

Tree House Academy

If so, for who? How long have you been doing it? Do you ever wish you could just stop?? Or have you ever called and told the company you didn't want to continue?

I am Beta Testing CLE LA 2 and CLE Reading 2. Ds loves to read the CLE reading book (becaues he reads at or above 5th grade level and they are "easy, mom"). I am thrilled to have been given the opportunity, but I am faced with wondering if this is really the right thing for my ds right now.

Edited by Tree House Academy

We're doing the beta testing for the 5th grade writing program from Peace Hill Press and for the homeschool Spanish curriculum that a friend wrote (http://www.realhomeschoolspanish.com). I'm hoping that both work well for us. We're just at the beginning, so haven't burned out on it yet:001_smile:.

Honestly, I'm expecting that having the accountability to give feedback will keep us much more closely on track in those two programs that we might otherwise be (especially the Spanish). My husband is actually doing the Spanish with her. I tried doing some French last year, but it kept falling by the wayside when other things got hectic.

How do you become a Beta tester?

In our case, by luck and being in the right place at the right time. We responded to the request for the 5th grade writing here on the forums. For the Spanish, the person who wrote it was in our homeschool group before she put her kids in school this year. When I asked her about buying it, she offered to let me beta test.