Menu

I started having this weird twitch under my eye.

I had this a few months ago and have had it occasionally in the past. It lasts for about 2 weeks or until I realize I'm stressed and try to relax. I call it my nervous tic. I believe that it's just the muscles under your eye having spasms. It could be due to stress or if you've been reading a lot under stressed conditions, such as low light, small print, computer, etc.

I've had this many times. Sometimes for a few minutes. One time off and on for six weeks. Exhaustion, stress, dehydration, mineral deficiencies...

Basically, take a good multivitamin+minerals, drink some water, eat a really healthy dinner, do some sort of relaxation exercises, and head to bed early tonight.

If it continues to bother you, a magnesium supplement will likely help.

I have this too. I get it when I am extremely stresses. IT seems (for me) to be directly related to homeschooling, it usually starts around the time my ds16 gets stuck in physics, I go to assist him( I have no idea about physics AT ALL) and the other children think that while I am distracted it would be the perfect time to have a mini battle with erasers, paper balls, cushions etc.

My eye then starts twitching, and it can go on for hours afterwards. Copious amounts of chocolate doesn't help at all.

It has been happening off and on for a few days now. It is visible and the circle under my eye twitches. Is this anything I should see a doctor about? What could cause something like this? It doesn't hurt, just feels funny.

Warm packs, gentle massage, just "holding" the area. May all be placebo, but they make me feel better.

I've had this many times. Sometimes for a few minutes. One time off and on for six weeks. Exhaustion, stress, dehydration, mineral deficiencies...

Basically, take a good multivitamin+minerals, drink some water, eat a really healthy dinner, do some sort of relaxation exercises, and head to bed early tonight.

If it continues to bother you, a magnesium supplement will likely help.

:iagree: I agree with everything above.

A nice Epsom Salt bath can be relaxing and is also a very good way to get a magnesium boost as well.

You're not alone. My right eye has been doing this for the last three days. I'm also tired and stressed (trying to figure out a routine and get it all done).

Was extremely surprised to find this thread. I think i'm going to go to bed now, rather than tackle more of the "list". Thanks for posting this! :)

Have not read the other posts, since I'm a bit short on time. Sorry if any of this is a repeat, which, I'm sure it is.

CAUSED BY

Stress

Fatigue

Eyestrain

Seasonal allergies

Magnesium Deficiency

Caffeine

Poor Nutrition

Excessive Alcohol Intake

Most eye twitches subside on their own

• Drink lots of water.

• Magnesium is good for muscle spasms.

• Chamomile is also anti-spasmodic

• Gently massage width of lid with finger for a minute or two several times a day