Menu

One of those embarrassing moments

I went to the local goodwill "just for some books", and decided to try on a cute skirt. This was highly unusual, as I have the three lo's and they make dressing rooms more adventurous than intended. So we all squeezed in, I unwrapped the baby, and started undressing. Oh, and did I mention that it was a warehouse style building, and the wall of the dressing room did not extend to the ceiling? And we were, in effect, in some sort of sound amplifying chamber of a dressing room? My 3yo decides then to loudly exclaim, "Mommy, you not wearing panties?!?!?!" I was. I swear. But I couldn't tell that to everyone outside! Despite desperate attempts to shush her and explain that yes I was, she repeated her query at 3yo volume several times. I think it will be a while before we go back! :leaving:

:lol:

When my dd was about 18 months old we were sitting in the front row of our church during a congregational meeting. My little cutie all of a sudden wrinkled up her nose and said, "Peeeeew! Mommy!! Did you fart???" I thought I would die!

I still hold it against her! And, no, I did not!:D

Oh no! Mortification.

Recently we were in..I dunno...Target? and my son stopped while walking by the underwear section and ran his hands across up under the racks and over the silkies. "Mommy, these are REALLY NICE booby-bras!" I'm sure passersby wondered why he's so preoccupied, but in our house there are usually more bras than shoes floating around loose.

My 3yo decides then to loudly exclaim, "Mommy, you not wearing panties?!?!?!" I was. I swear. But I couldn't tell that to everyone outside! Despite desperate attempts to shush her and explain that yes I was, she repeated her query at 3yo volume several times.

When DS was about 2, I took him into a bathroom stall with me, and when I sat down I noticed a bit of spotting in my underpants. DS saw it and yelled "OMG mama, you pooped your pants!!!" Rather than explain menstruation to a toddler in a public toilet, I waited until the entire bathroom cleared out before I left the stall. :leaving:

Jackie

once the whole family went shopping, my dh went into the hardware shop, and an hour later hadn't reemerged. we were all waiting in the car, my oldest was about 11 at the time, and stated that dad had been in the shop so long that he wouldn't recognise him when he came out. then all the kids started yelling out the car windows at every man that came out of the shop " ARE YOU MY FATHER!" . I was so embarrassed that I slunk down to the floor of the car.

Boy, you should have seen the shocked faces of the men as came out of the shop.

once the whole family went shopping, my dh went into the hardware shop, and an hour later hadn't reemerged. we were all waiting in the car, my oldest was about 11 at the time, and stated that dad had been in the shop so long that he wouldn't recognise him when he came out. then all the kids started yelling out the car windows at every man that came out of the shop " ARE YOU MY FATHER!" . I was so embarrassed that I slunk down to the floor of the car.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gosh, I just love your kids' sense of humor! Hilarious!

I took DD with me to the hardware store one Saturday morning, when she was 2. We were the only females in the place, except for the cashier. Men were everywhere.

So DD starts repeating, getting louder and louder, "I want a v*lva! I want a v*lva!"

She meant Volvo. The car. I could not get her to shut up. Everyone in the store could hear her.

When I was very pregnant with my dd, my son, then age 2, announced very loudly, "mama, you have big butt!" We were in a bathroom stall. The poor woman in the next stall about died of laughter. She even apologized when we came out.

Of course, if you want a *really* embarrassing story..... read this.

Kris

Oh. my. word. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't stop laughing!!!

When I was very pregnant with my dd, my son, then age 2, announced very loudly, "mama, you have big butt!" We were in a bathroom stall. The poor woman in the next stall about died of laughter. She even apologized when we came out.

Kris

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I haven't cried this much in years!!!

This thread is an absolute winner!!!! If laughter is the best medicine, we should all be cured of anything that ails us!!!! :lol:

Thank you MusicMama and all for sharing your embarrassing moments with us!!!

Edited by Teachin'Mine

This didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it.

We took the kids to see a movie and after it was over, I hit the restroom with our daughter and my husband went with our son. For the first time in history, my daughter and I were done and out before the boys! We were waiting for them outside the door when another dad and son came out. The son looked up at his dad and said, "But Dad, Mom always says you're supposed to wash your hands every time you use the bathroom!!" The dad was mortified to see us and another woman standing there. He had no choice but to turn around and go back in :D.

Ok, I was trying on a dress when I was pg w/ #3. Squeezed the other 2 in w/ me, but it's one of those stalls w/ nothing but a curtain, & somebody's dh sitting outside waiting on her. I get the dress on, & it's awful. Try to get it off, & it's stuck on my shoulders, w/ my hands over my head, & everything below my shoulders exposed. Dd *really* wanted to play w/ the curtains, & ds asks loudly, "Is it STUCK, Mama? Can you get it OFF?"

Seriously, I thought I was going to have to buy the dress & cut it off, but it wouldn't go back down, either, so I jumped & turned in circles & prayed until it came off, & then I slunk out of there as fast as I could. If only it had been a BIG store, like Target.

(Where I went to try on bathing suits when I was pg w/ #4, & my 2 big kids went chasing me out of the store SCREAMING, "Didn't any of the swimsuits fit you, Mama? Mama! Hey! Can you hear me?" Lucky for me, dh was w/ us, to hold their hands, keep them safe in traffic, & yell a little louder, "Hey, Sweetie! Aren't you going to buy a swimsuit? Didn't they fit? Can you hear us?")

Edited by Aubrey

Oh my! Yes, kids have a way of making us turn red.

Just earlier this week, I stopped by a gas station to get a drink. As I walked in with my 6 yr old and 1 yr old in tow, my 6 yr old says loudly,"Oh Mom, the liquor is over here." I think everyone stopped and looked at me. I mumbled something about just getting water as I ducked my head.

I'm still :001_huh: as to why he said that.

This didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it.

We took the kids to see a movie and after it was over, I hit the restroom with our daughter and my husband went with our son. For the first time in history, my daughter and I were done and out before the boys! We were waiting for them outside the door when another dad and son came out. The son looked up at his dad and said, "But Dad, Mom always says you're supposed to wash your hands every time you use the bathroom!!" The dad was mortified to see us and another woman standing there. He had no choice but to turn around and go back in :D.

Love it! (and eeewwww)

My dh was getting ready to do a worship service for the recruits at Great Lakes Naval training center. My dd (age 3 at the time) and I were sitting in the front row and the young recruits were quietly filing in. My dd looked at the young men coming in and then said in a very loud voice "Mommy, do these boys have penises?" I tried to hush her but I guess she thought I didn't hear and repeated the question again. I thought I would die. We didn't attend another service there until my dh assured me this class had graduated.:001_smile:

This reminds me of a bus stop story. DD was in PS for first grade, and sometimes the boys would wait at the bus stop with me. The boys were 7 years old.

The other mothers there were not supporters of homeschooling. They would ask whichever boy was with me about it.

Invariably, the boys would tell them they loved homeschool because they didn't have to do any schoolwork! This went over very well with the mothers; it was as they had suspected. I'm surprised they didn't call the DSS.

I refuted that, of course, but the boys would insist that they did not do schoolwork. It was irksome and embarrassing. The mothers would not believe that the boys did do schoolwork, that they meant they didn't think of it as "work". They enjoyed it, so it didn't count as "school". (That attitude has since changed completely.)

Edited by RoughCollie

Kris

If that had happened to me, I'd avoid public stalls for the rest of my life. :lol:;)

Oh my! Yes, kids have a way of making us turn red.

Just earlier this week, I stopped by a gas station to get a drink. As I walked in with my 6 yr old and 1 yr old in tow, my 6 yr old says loudly,"Oh Mom, the liquor is over here." I think everyone stopped and looked at me. I mumbled something about just getting water as I ducked my head.

I'm still :001_huh: as to why he said that.

:lol::lol::lol: That was funny!

I grew up in CA but have lived in the Pacific NW for 5 years now. And the people up here tend to be umm....crunchy/earthy. My kids and I were meeting a lady and her kids at a park for the first time. She shows up, in her yoga pants, tennis shoes and her kids have a very healthy snack in reusable containers. She reminds her kids "when we're in nature what we pack in we pack out". My son pipes up "we Always just through our trash on the ground!" The lady looked horrified!!

We don't leave our trash and I have no idea why DS said that but I was so embarrassed:blushing: