Menu

Things We Say Wrong

johnandtinagilbert

:lol: I feel ejukated now!

I LOVE it. It justifies the rant I had at McD's a couple of years ago when I came across the sign that stated, "Yeah, we take 'em." My dd still claims that I believe this sign heralded the end of civilization as we know it. :001_smile:

I just finished FLL and then watched that. What a difference. I needed that laugh.

:lol::lol::lol:

My kids loved it too...finally some justification for my dislike of texting...they think I'm a little off my rocker b/c I keep making them send me emails in real language and not text garbage (never mind that we live in the same house, home school and still email each other). My dd responded, "You use short hand on the WTM forums, Mom. What's the difference?" BURN! I got burned by my 10 yo...it's a sad, sad, day.:tongue_smilie:

"You use short hand on the WTM forums, Mom. What's the difference?" BURN! I got burned by my 10 yo...it's a sad, sad, day.:tongue_smilie:

Ooooh, them's fightin' words!

:lol::lol::lol: I totally needed a laugh... I have the worst miserable cold ever. The laugh threw me into a serious coughing spell, but still worth it!

ARG!!! The whole "I could care less" thing annoys me to no end!! :willy_nilly: I secretly want to correct everyone who says this - IRL and on the board!

I could care less.

Oh, really? How much less? Is it that important to you then? Do you mean you could NOT care less? Because then that actually means it means nothing to you. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly: AAAARRRGGGG.

:lol:

All I can say is I'm from Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh talk there is horrible. When I started working, I worked very hard to drop the accent and speak correctly. I'm a huge w/ grammar on the kids. When my inlaws come down-of course they all have the Pgh accent, and it's everything to correct the kids :) I will not have, "yeah" in my house! (I know that's not a Pgh thing)