Menu

s/o no poo

I didn't want to hijack her thread...

I was trying the no-poo method, using only conditioner. It was working great for a while, but then I began to get this gross "film" on my scalp. It wasn't flaky like dandruff really, but still noticable. I rinsed really, really well (because I have very thick hair), and I also used a recommended conditioner from curly girl.

I tried the baking soda/vinegar thing but it really left my hair looking dull. And grey(er). Plus I smelled like a pickle whenever the sun hit my hair. :glare:

Any ideas what went wrong? I'm back to shampoo and conditioner...sigh.

I have really thick hair, and haven't shampooed in 3+ months. I don't use conditioner either. Just rinse it out a couple of times per week and do a vinegar rinse once a week. My hair smells like vinegar that night, but not at all later, not even in our hot, steamy summer weather. Maybe you didn't rinse all the vinegar out??? Maybe the film is from the particular brand of conditioner you're using???

I didn't want to hijack her thread...

I was trying the no-poo method, using only conditioner. It was working great for a while, but then I began to get this gross "film" on my scalp. It wasn't flaky like dandruff really, but still noticable. I rinsed really, really well (because I have very thick hair), and I also used a recommended conditioner from curly girl.

I tried the baking soda/vinegar thing but it really left my hair looking dull. And grey(er). Plus I smelled like a pickle whenever the sun hit my hair. :glare:

Any ideas what went wrong? I'm back to shampoo and conditioner...sigh.

I"m SO Glad you posted this!! I had the same experience. I'm curly but just cannot ever get the great results people rave about. I can't keep up the no poo routine because I HATE how it makes my scalp feel!

ARGH! So I"m all :bigear:

astrid