Menu

Is A&P the only morpheme approach to spelling?

rafiki

SRA puts out a program for 4th grade and up called Spelling through Morphographs. It is expensive unless you can find it used and, from the samples at Apples and Pears, doesn't cover anything different than what you would get with A&P. Couldn't you take your older one through the earlier levels of A&P at an accelerated rate?

I have and use Spelling Through Morphographs with my oldest and I like it very much. It can be completed in one year and then I was planning on moving over to Megawords.

HTH,

SRA puts out a program for 4th grade and up called Spelling through Morphographs. It is expensive unless you can find it used and, from the samples at Apples and Pears, doesn't cover anything different than what you would get with A&P. Couldn't you take your older one through the earlier levels of A&P at an accelerated rate?

I have and use Spelling Through Morphographs with my oldest and I like it very much. It can be completed in one year and then I was planning on moving over to Megawords.

HTH,

I have Spelling Through Morphographs listed on the for sale board. I purchased it thinking i would use it with my 2 that finished through D of A&P. Big mistake. A&P covers everything in Spelling through Morphographs. I really like A&P better. The advantage to Spelling through Morphographs is that it is a single yr course, so I guess it is like getting levels A-D all in one.

I think you could start with level D. That's what I am doing. I reviewed what was covered in level C (with the online samples) and we are starting level D next week.

I too am curious what could come after A and P for spelling. I am pretty sure my ds will need it. Unless I find something else I am just going to do a word root study thing-a-ma-bobbie.