Menu

TOG- LG- Children's Illustrated Bible

lovinmomma

Guest ME-Mommy
Why on Bookshelf central does it tell me to buy The Children's Illustrated Bible for year 1 LG, but it's not mentioned specifically in my TOG unit 1 book list?

It is a SUGGESTION as a possible resource -- any children's Bible will do. ;) It can be used to complete the Bible/Worldview Readings...

Maybe I need to update my DE or something??? Because for me it only says "Read in your children's Bible", but no specific Bible. Any suggestions for a favorite one that works well with TOG?

Another one is that on the Bookshelf it says that I need You Wouldn't Want to be a Pyramid Builder for weeks 2 and 3, but it's not on my "reading Assignments" schedule.

Maybe I need to update my DE or something??? Because for me it only says "Read in your children's Bible", but no specific Bible. Any suggestions for a favorite one that works well with TOG?

As ME-Mommy said, the Bible the Bookshelf sells is the recommended Bible, but you could use any children's Bible. I use The Golden Bible because that's what I had.

Another one is that on the Bookshelf it says that I need You Wouldn't Want to be a Pyramid Builder for weeks 2 and 3, but it's not on my "reading Assignments" schedule.
Who Built the Pyramids is now out of print so they updated the reading assignment to You Wouldn't Want to be a Pyramid Builder. If you have the original book do that assignment, otherwise go to the updates page and download a new page. Year 1 DE has not been updated yet, but will be sometime in the future (Ray said the plan is 2x a year or so.) Be sure to check the updates page whenever there is a discrepancy.

Who Built the Pyramids is now out of print so they updated the reading assignment to You Wouldn't Want to be a Pyramid Builder. If you have the original book do that assignment, otherwise go to the updates page and download a new page. Year 1 DE has not been updated yet, but will be sometime in the future (Ray said the plan is 2x a year or so.) Be sure to check the updates page whenever there is a discrepancy.

:svengo:I've never seen that page! That helps SO much. Guess I should bookmark it, or is it available from my DE interface?

Finally, a chance for me to say this out loud....it secretly annoys me that the "updates" create so many versions of TOG. If and when I sell my books, they may not even be the same ones on someone else's version so they may pass right on by....okay, I said it. Thank you.

And thanks for the link of updated pages!

LOL Good point, but I figure that would happen any way by the time I use them for ALL of my children. That's a lot of years. :)

Finally, a chance for me to say this out loud....it secretly annoys me that the "updates" create so many versions of TOG. If and when I sell my books, they may not even be the same ones on someone else's version so they may pass right on by....okay, I said it. Thank you.

And thanks for the link of updated pages!

I just thought of a reason that it does make it difficult for me. I was thinking about purchasing the D resources for myself to study, then, I could use them for my children when they're that age, but 8 years from now there will probably be something new a fabulous that is updated. :lol: