Menu

If you have used Visualizing and Verbalizing...

thowell

I used the manual and one of the V/V Stories books (the ones with levels 0-8, 12 stories a level). If you look at the samples on gander mountain, you can get an idea of what you need for the story material. And if your library has the manual, it could be nearly free.

If you haven't asked on the Special Needs board, I'd recommend that. I found them very helpful.

Amy

What is the minimum of material I can use to complete this program? Our budget is really tight but I think the overall concept of the program is exactly what my dsd11 needs?

I highly recommend that you purchase the teacher's manual, read it a couple of times through...and then you will be all set to make appropriate decisions for your child in the use of V/V. If you can't afford the manual, perhaps you can try to get it at the library.

I personally am glad to own the manual. I've referred back to it several times a week as we've worked through the program. I purchased an older edition book and it's been absolutely fine.

For my kiddo, we chose the V/V workbook in an appropriate grade level. (Below grade level so that we could focus on learning the skill of visualizing. The focus is not content...it is learning "to see," what you hear and read.)

We also have used extraneous materials we've had at home at the direction of the manual. (five pieces of colored cardstock and a few simple, but descriptive coloring pages from any simple coloring book).

http://www.ganderpublishing.com/

That's it. The manual and one of the workbooks. I would NOT purchase any workbooks until you have read through the manual first.

Woops - sorry about that! But yes, try an inter-library loan first. If your child is older, there is a CD-rom version too. My son is to young for that.

I plan to use some of the shorter stories from the What Your ___ Grader Needs to Know for fleshing out. (I've decided to continue V/V through this term).

Amy