Menu

Stop me from pulling my hair out!!!!!

I love my house...really, I do....but, right before we moved the interior was repainted with FLAT THINNED paint :glare:! Not only does every mark show, but when I go to wipe it (even with water) the paint comes off...and lets just say the people before me were really in to faux.

I don't want to repaint (I have vaulted ceilings and an open floor plan so everything runs together), but I don't know what to do!!!

Any ideas? Please!!!!!

I love my house...really, I do....but, right before we moved the interior was repainted with FLAT THINNED paint :glare:! Not only does every mark show, but when I go to wipe it (even with water) the paint comes off...and lets just say the people before me were really in to faux.

I don't want to repaint (I have vaulted ceilings and an open floor plan so everything runs together), but I don't know what to do!!!

Any ideas? Please!!!!!

1. Cover walls with pretty blue tarps to protect the paint.

3. Install electric shock device in walls to deliver a mild shock to whoever touches the paint.

4. Move.

5. Repaint.

3. Install electric shock device in walls to deliver a mild shock to whoever touches the paint.

4. Move.

5. Repaint.

...and choice number 2 was?

Sorry, but I think you're going to go nuts until you paint. It's not so bad! How much worse could you make it even if you let the kids help?

ah yes, cheap builder paint...the nemesis to challenge all....

Yes, sweet, you need to paint...you will LOVE paint!! Pick a nice Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams...neutral colors with just a shade darker in the adjacent room really do wonders for lifting your spirits!!! Paint one room every 2-3 days and in a couple of weeks you'll be done...it also makes your house smell great!! I usually paint eggshell on the wall...and it's sooo scrubbable....I painted 12 rooms 2 years ago in a 3 month span..even the ceilings/trim....so I feel your pain, but as I sit and look at my Shaker Beige, Townhall Tan, Basket Beige, Carrignton Beige (seeing a trend here?) I LOVE it...worth every pulled muscle and sore calves from climbing that blasted ladder to reach those high spots...

:)

4. Move.

5. Repaint.

:iagree: there really is no way around it.

I have a totally open house, post and beam at that. I spend more time in prep work to tape up all the beams than I do painting. I guess you can consider yourself lucky since you don't have to do that.

We had scaffolding and a ladder INSIDE the house to get to the very top. NOT fun but hopefully we'll only have to do it once. If it ever has to get done again, we'll hire out.