Menu

RFBD users question

How much do you have to pay to use this? I am thinking it is going to cost us a small fortune to get this for ds. We got the approval from the psychologist who did his eval. It will cost us $100 just to belong and then more (around $250 and up) for the machine to listen to the tapes. Maybe I am just not understanding how it works. The doctor said it would be $100 for the cd player and the $100 cost to belong but that is not what I see when I look at the website. I guess I am kind of confused! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

We have to fill out a 6 page form and were given two options:

Student individual membership which is through a school and the school pays (has its own membership already)

Personal individual membership which costs $100

Then it says in order to play RFBS digitally recorded textbooks, one needs to use/order specially adapted CD players or software. It says to look online under products and include it on the form when sending in application.

That is what is confusing me!

We have to fill out a 6 page form and were given two options:

Student individual membership which is through a school and the school pays (has its own membership already)

Personal individual membership which costs $100

Then it says in order to play RFBS digitally recorded textbooks, one needs to use/order specially adapted CD players or software. It says to look online under products and include it on the form when sending in application.

That is what is confusing me!

We are just getting set up ourselves but individual membership is definitely free. We have completed the registration process. I filled out our part online, had a form e-mailed to our certifying psychologist, and once he sent it back in voila, we were good to go on ordering books. I haven't yet because I am still deciding on playback options.

If you go to the RFBD main page & click on Individuals & Families it takes you to a page that explains that membership is free. There is also a graphic in the lower right portion of the main page that says "FREE Individual Memberships."

If you use the DAISY format, you need to either have a DAISY player or software installed on the computer that plays DAISY format.

WMA format files can be played on an MP3 player that has DRM (Digital Rights Management) capabilities. I-Pods do not but the above mentioned Sansa Clip players do.

Edited by Tokyomarie