Menu

What size magnetic board should I buy for AAS tiles?

Carpe Diem

I've been kicking myself for not ordering the magnets. I'm going to order them today and buy a magnetic board. It's been too much trouble laying down all the letters on a table each time, so much so that I've abandoned the tiles and have had DD just write out the words.

So do I just stick each magnet to each letter tile? Or can I order the tiles that already have the magnets attached to the back?

I've been kicking myself for not ordering the magnets. I'm going to order them today and buy a magnetic board. It's been too much trouble laying down all the letters on a table each time, so much so that I've abandoned the tiles and have had DD just write out the words.

So do I just stick each magnet to each letter tile? Or can I order the tiles that already have the magnets attached to the back?

They don't come already attached. They come in little squares that you snap apart, with a peel-off backing so that you can stick them on like a sticker.

Merry :-)

Thank you! Hmmm, that's going to take some time, but once done, I hope we'll start using the tiles properly.

Walmart, or any store like it has a roll of magnet tape for much less than the cost of the magnet sheets that AAS have. It has peel off for the sticky side and is easy to use in case you decided to go in that direction.

Guest ME-Mommy
Yep, a 2x3 board is perfect! Attached is a picture of ours after Level 2. You'll get more and more tiles up there in later levels.

:iagree: Mine is 2 x 3 -- Quartet Brand -- I found it at Wal-Mart during the "Back to School" sale! :)

I have a little board that is maybe 13" X 9". I am only doing level 1. I only have the tiles out for the specific sounds/phonograms being used for that lesson. I keep all the other tiles in circular tins that have a magnet on the back of them and stick them on a magnetic board I have that organizes scrapbook stuff.

I like the small size because it fits in front of him, and is easy to store. So if you have a small space, you could try a smaller size.

In case you can't find an affordable magnetic board, you can get magnetic paint from Home Depot for $20 and paint it on a board or wall or desk. They also make chalkboard paint and white board paint.

Check out Costco and similar stores for low priced white boards. I got a 2X3 for $20 after comparing it to the same one for $70 one at Office Depot.