Menu

Has anyone used American Culture WP?

Chris in VA

Thinking of 6th grade next year, and wanting to do Moderns. Is it disjointed? Will we get the flow of history? Are the projects hard to gather materials for? Any other feedback? We will have to add readers, since we have already done 3 in the main program and 2 of the LA readers. We probably won't use the LA anyway.

A friend of mine did it last year and loved it. She did think that it would work well for even older children, specifically saying (jokingly) that one of those "for kids" books was NOT for kids. :) She felt they all learned a lot, though.

I'm looking at your program, too, Jen!

And, um...which book is NOT for kids?

I can't remember which one she was talking about, but it had "for kids" in the title. She was just saying it was difficult, maybe a lot of information for that age, or something. I'll ask her when she gets back in town. Personally, I think WP's programs are aged a bit high. I'm doing AS1 with a 4th grader and it is perfect, though the Bible does seem a little young.

I can't remember which one she was talking about, but it had "for kids" in the title. She was just saying it was difficult, maybe a lot of information for that age, or something. I'll ask her when she gets back in town. Personally, I think WP's programs are aged a bit high. I'm doing AS1 with a 4th grader and it is perfect, though the Bible does seem a little young.

I noticed this too. I had AS1 to do this year, but I think it's going to be too much if I fully use the program.