Menu

I will too bash 8)

but I'll do it when he walks in the door.

Dh talked me into driving one of the Big @$$ grain trucks today. I'm sorry, but that's the only way to describe it. Those things are scary. I refused at first, but then bargained with him. I told him if he'd help me change Fable's bandages tonight I'd drive it. (He would have helped me anyhow, I just needed to negotiate a bit)

So down the road I go, only to find out that you have to push the brakes ALL THE WAY TO THE FLOOR to get any response at all from them. My legs don't reach all the way to the floor in this truck. Up the steep hill, going as fast as I possibly can, because I know from listening to the boys talk that if I'm not going fast enough I'll have to downshift, and you can't really do that because the gears will go out and you'll have to drive down backwards and begin again. Not doing that, there are steep drop offs on each side.

So I make it down the hill and come to my first big turn, where I discover this truck is sorta like one of those bumper cars that have a LOT of "give" in the wheel, you know, you turn and turn and turn and nothing happens, then all of sudden you're in a ditch on one side and so you overcompensate and then you're in the ditch on the other side.

Get to the field. Hitch a ride back with one of the boys to the house to find that I am now riding in the only truck in the county that is worse than the one I just exited. And apparently everyone in the county knows it too, because when we met someone on the road they pulled over and out of range. AND this one is being driven by a fearless 16 yr old boy.

Uh-huh.

Dh grinned way too big at my face as we pulled in. I told him if my pony kicks him and he lands on his butt we'll be even.:lol:

I don't know how he talks me into this crap.

Edited by Remudamom

When we were very first leaving Oklahoma and moving to California (having been married less than a year and he was gone 6 months of that), we left in the middle of a snow storm. DH was insistent that we HAD to leave that day. I was driving a little Honda, he was driving a 4 wheel drive truck.

We got to that point in the snow storm when the only people left on the road are truckers. I pull over and tell dh "I can't drive in this, we need to pull over." He talks me into driving to a certain point (a couple of hours down the road in good weather) and stopping earlier than we originally intended.

I start slowing down because my car is slipping. He thinks I'm being difficult (again, he's in a 4 wheel drive, he didn't realize how much my car was slipping) and starts riding my bumper. All of the sudden, my car just starts spinning.

I'm spinning and he has to slam on his brakes to keep from hitting me, because he was riding my bumper.

I'm spinning.

He's sliding sideways down the highway.

We both get our vehicles under control and pul over.

He walks up to the car. I stare straight ahead, ignoring him. He raps on the window. I ignore him.

He raps on the window again. I glare at him. He makes a roll-down-your-window hand-motion. I finally roll down my window and UNLEASH my fury. He agrees with everything I say. We pull over for the night at the next town.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

When we were very first leaving Oklahoma and moving to California (having been married less than a year and he was gone 6 months of that), we left in the middle of a snow storm. DH was insistent that we HAD to leave that day. I was driving a little Honda, he was driving a 4 wheel drive truck.

We got to that point in the snow storm when the only people left on the road are truckers. I pull over and tell dh "I can't drive in this, we need to pull over." He talks me into driving to a certain point (a couple of hours down the road in good weather) and stopping earlier than we originally intended.

I start slowing down because my car is slipping. He thinks I'm being difficult (again, he's in a 4 wheel drive, he didn't realize how much my car was slipping) and starts riding my bumper. All of the sudden, my car just starts spinning.

I'm spinning and he has to slam on his brakes to keep from hitting me, because he was riding my bumper.

I'm spinning.

He's sliding sideways down the highway.

We both get our vehicles under control and pul over.

He walks up to the car. I stare straight ahead, ignoring him. He raps on the window. I ignore him.

He raps on the window again. I glare at him. He makes a roll-down-your-window hand-motion. I finally roll down my window and UNLEASH my fury. He agrees with everything I say. We pull over for the night at the next town.

Ayup. I have a hard time unleashing when he's laughing like that though. Fortunately.

You go ahead and bash. Set up the video camera first. We want to see it. We won't believe you did so without the proof of the video.;)

I did something similar. I used to drive the huge tractor. When I was pregnant with dd10 I hopped on to do something, and I guess I gave it a little too much gas. Did a wheelie. Yup, front wheels in the air. I jumped down and told the boys NOT TO MENTION A SINGLE THING TO DAD. Of course they ran to greet him the second he got home, excited as all heck to tell Dad that Mom did a wheelie on the tractor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:glare:

That was the last time I was on it.

Until two winters ago.

The satellite company was out here on a service call. It was a bad winter. LOTS of snow. LOTS of ice. The guy got stuck and couldn't get out of our driveway. Well, Mrs. Brilliance here thought, "Gee.......... dh just pulled out a state truck last week. Surely I can pull out a little service van!!!" So I get on the tractor (TAKE NOTE: DD is now 10, so was 8 at the time, so I wasn't on the tractor since PREGNANT with her, maybe 8.5 YEARS ago!) and for the life of me couldn't remember which set of gears went into first, which into second. I had the tractor warming up and called dh, who was in a meeting and couldn't talk. But I couldn't hear that. I'm yelling, "I have to use the tractor. Which side goes into first gear? WHAT??? WHAT???" I put the gears where I thought they should be, backed out.....fine......then turn it around, give it a TOUCH OF GAS, and WHAMMO! The tractor ricocheted off the left ice bank, then the right, then the left, then the right. I was SCREAMING at the top of my lungs, and it just wouldn't be proper to tell you exactly WHAT I said. :lol: I know I dropped some bombs :blushing::blushing::blushing:while referring to Cow Hampshire..... I don't know which way the tractor was facing when I climbed down. The guy sat in his van horrified. When he finally picked his jaw up off the floor and asked if I was ok, I told him to go dig some sand out of the carriage house, use a grain bucket from the barn, and to sand our driveway so he could get out.

I walked inside and didn't look out again. Took me awhile to calm down.

:leaving: