Menu

Apologia Botany for 7th grader?

blessedx5

As far as I know, Apologia General Sc. is exactly that - a general introduction to Science; a platform from which you then take the high school courses. The elementary Botany book is very interesting - my kids love reading it; we think it's written in an engaging style :001_smile: I think if I was you, I'd get the General Science book and see how my dc got on with it. If you're intending to use the Apologia courses, it's not wasted, and you can always get the Botany book afterwards (or others as appropriate) if your dc struggles with the General Science book. JMO.

Here's a different spin: a 7th grader could complete Botany completely independantly in half the time or less, and it could be done "after hours" or in the summer for funzies. I'd buy both, but do Gen. Science for school, and Botany for fun. That kind of thing works for my dd anyhow. She's done most of the Apologia Young Explorers books on her own in the last year.

Here's a different spin: a 7th grader could complete Botany completely independantly in half the time or less, and it could be done "after hours" or in the summer for funzies. I'd buy both, but do Gen. Science for school, and Botany for fun. That kind of thing works for my dd anyhow. She's done most of the Apologia Young Explorers books on her own in the last year.

That's really encouraging, thanks! I know you probably didn't mean it for me - but thanks anyway!! I'm having to stick to the basics atm for various reasons, but I have been a bit concerned that my dds won't be able to catch up. No longer :001_smile:

My older one is 7th and doing Botany this year. It probably won't take us all year, but it's actually a good level for her. I did buy Gen Sci for her and we started it this year, but it was a LOT of reading and we just didn't have the time to commit to it. I think it will be perfect next year for 8th.

The Botany is going well and both my girls are enjoying it!

FB72BBC6-62E1-F990-24CD-66130D3D1EBE