Menu

last week for As the World Turns

After 50 something years, ATWT is going off the air.

I have not watched this show is about 10 years. But, I used to watch it regularly growing up with my grandmother and mother. I watched it through college too. Even though I have not watched it in so long, I feel like a TV institution is ending.

Even though I haven't watched it since I was a kid, it still makes me a little sad.

When Guiding Light went off the air, I felt the same way. My mom watched both shows when I was a kid, and I started watching GL again when my kids were toddlers (I quit after a couple of years). Even though a lot of people scoff at soap operas, there's just something neat about watching a show that has a lot of the same characters and actors that were on it twenty years earlier!

After 50 something years, ATWT is going off the air.

I have not watched this show is about 10 years. Even though I have not watched it in so long, I feel like a TV institution is ending.

Even though I haven't watched it since I was a kid, it still makes me a little sad.

When Guiding Light went off the air, I felt the same way. Even though a lot of people scoff at soap operas, there's just something neat about watching a show that has a lot of the same characters and actors that were on it twenty years earlier!

:iagree: It's a huge memory of my grandma for me.

The other night, DH was watching a movie, and I saw one of the characters and said, "Is that John Dixon?" :lol: He knew exactly who I meant, thanks to my grandma's "stories."

I remember my grandmother crying over a character's "death". My grandfather came home and laughed, he thought it was so funny! Granny didn't speak to him for several days!!!

I watched a little today - first time in about 6-7 years. It was nice to see some familiar "houses" and folks. But so many original characters are played by different actors and it just made it too difficult to follow.

It was my mom and my grandmom's 'story.' I must have been five years old, and I would sit while they watched. THIS is how long ago it was: Lisa was married to Bob and they were living with Nancy and Chris and Lisa was on bedrest as she was pg with Tom. She would sit in bed and hide boxes of chocolates under the covers.:lol: