Menu

Motivated Moms--anyone still doing this?

I remember threads about this early in the year but was wondering if anyone was still using this on a regular basis?

I just started again this week (tried last week but failed). I can see big benefits for me with this program. It has little things to do that over time add up to big things that are cleaned/dejunked, etc. It is also DOABLE and not overwhelming. I can easily put off a bigger project if I have a very busy day or look ahead to later in the week for something if I have a few extra minutes.

It is also not so annoying like FlyLady. I just print out my weekly schedule on a bright colored piece of paper and leave it on the counter to refer to.

Anyone else still using this?

I'm on my second year of using it and I love it. It keeps me on track. I haven't been as successful keeping up with it lately as we just finish a remodel and soccer season started (keeping track of three different teams involving five of my kids is just about killing me). I find myself using Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoons to catch up on the longer jobs like cleaning the bathrooms (I just have to mop the bathroom floors every week and she only schedules it once every three weeks).

I've been neglecting a lot of the little things that I really like to get done (like the clutter spots and drawer cleaning) because of time factors but every week when I replace my old sheet I always feel renewed hope that this week I'll do better :)

I don't use it faithfully, but I know it's the best fit for me. I love it!

I used to use one-page-a-day schedule but recently switched to the one-page-a-week. I've decided I like it better because I can do the jobs on the best day for me. In fact, one Saturday I hadn't done much that week, so I printed it off, marked chores for the kids, and got busy doing a week's worth in one day. It worked out so well! I love having the "I'm finished" feeling.

We started a couple of months ago, in preparation for school days ahead. :) Honestly, we all like it a lot better than the Monday-it-takes-all-morning Flylady house blessing. Instead of printing it off, I just kept it on my computer desktop, which makes it seem less intimidating (all those boxes to make sure you've checked off drove me nuts). Every morning I open it up, look for that day's date, and then we scan to find 2 or 3 important things that really need doing. 10 minutes and we're done. Really liking it here!

Anyone else still using this?

We are. I've moved to a half-page sized planner, and picked up the remainder of the year in August. I'm using The Well-Planned Day as my main planning pages, and I have Motivated Mom's in the first back section, the weekly 1/2 page plan. The older children now come to me for their 'chore of the day' after they've finished their daily chores. If I've run out of MM jobs, I can usually think of 1 or 2 other little jobs that need to be done. The kids enjoy having a variety of quick tasks to do. It's easy to stay on top of, and easy to get back on track when life happens. :001_smile: