Menu

CLE and FLL question

mom2koh

We have CLE's 2nd grade reading program (readers and light units). We also have FLL.

Do you do both? I've noticed a lot of grammar concepts in the light units. Does this make for too much grammar for a 2nd grader if she is doing FLL?

Thanks and I hope this makes sense. I've only had one cup of coffee this morning. ;)

:001_smile: We are using both and it is fine. In fact, up to now (we're only 2 or 3 lessons into 2nd grade CLE Reading) there is no grammar in the CLE Reading program. It is working on different "skills". We LOVE FLL for its oral work, memorization, picture study, narration, etc. There might be a mutiny here if I shelved FLL . . .

Anyhow, if you like both then my vote is that they are complementary because they work on different skills.

We're on Lesson 208-1/2 of CLE 2 and I'm not seeing much grammar at all. In fact, my mind must be failing me, because I don't remember any. Every once in a while things will overlap like you'll see some phonics in CLE's LA. But not enough. You should be fine doing both; by far.