Menu

Need help in finding good laptops for the boys.

hsmom

We decided to get both the boys laptops for Christmas. My daughter already has one, her dad bought it for her. Now it is time for the boys. Here is what I am looking for.

Not too terribly expensive. They need to have disk drives, since they have so much on disks also my oldest loves to burn his music to his itunes and such. It doesn't have to have mega memory, but a little speed helps with games and such. Also the screens do not have to be huge, just a really nice easy size for kids.

Any suggestions?

My dd has this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Satellite+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Pentium%26%23174%3B+Processor+/+15.6%22+Display+/+4GB+Memory+/+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/1084741.p?id=1218217783969&skuId=1084741

It's used constantly and no problems since we bought it 6 mos ago.

I have this one and love it: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Pentium%26%23174%3B+Processor+/+14%22+Display+/+4GB+Memory+/+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Red/Black/1150125.p?id=1218225365747&skuId=1150125

Run from Dell Inspiron. WE had 2 and both broke in identical places-left hinge broke open and wires fell out. They ate multiple batteries and a/c adapters and died within 2 yrs.

We got our dd's laptop and my desktop on www.woot.com . Computer stuff pops up quite frequently there. You have to check what their deal is every day and be warned that sometimes they run out before the day is over.

Neat site except for this

Why isn't my state/country/province listed; do you ship internationally? No, we do not ship outside of the continental United States at this time. We do not ship to Canada, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, nor to Maggie's Nipples, Wyoming or Assinippi, Massachusetts at this time.

Not too sure where Maggies Nipples or Assinippi are, but hey they don't ship to Wyoming.lol

For the past three years Walmart has had "Secret Internet" sales at the beginning of November in which they sell good-quality laptop computers in each of their stores. Last year they promised 10 per store. Our store, which is in a rural, area had 33. This sale is much more manageable than *any* Black Friday sale that I know of and the prices are just as good. You should expect to get a nice 64-bit laptop running Windows 7 for $300.00 or less. We bought our children their laptops at these sales over the past couple of years. No need this year since they are all going strong! Good luck!