Menu

Best microscope for under $100?

McLinda

Hmmm...I'm thinking you might want to go with a Brock Magiscope, especially if your children are young. You can often find used ones fairly inexpensively on eBay. There are probably some good past threads on the Magiscope if you do a search here. I almost bought one earlier this year, but since my oldest is doing high school biology I ended up buying a compound microscope. I think I got a pretty good deal, but it was around $200.

Hopefully some other people with pop in here with ideas.

I have a Blister Microscope that we used literally one time, and then realized we are not microscope type people yet-dc are too young and have other interests right now. I'll sell it to you for a great price including shipping! I think we even have a couple extra lenses for it, maybe still in the package. We bought the scope from Rainbow Resource. If anyone wants it, you can PM me! :)

I made up my mind, after reading the following reviews:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AFQAm-f8cbYJ:microscopes.toptenreviews.com/kids-microscope-review/+top+ten+microscopes&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

I am getting C & A My First Lab Duo- Scope. Amazon has it for a great price.

Thanks for all of your posts! :)