Menu

Anyone want to keep me company?

So I can tell my dh that it is for school, right? :D

Absolutely!! We love love love Netflix. Lot's of educational goodies, and a little entertainment to boot. It's about 1/5 the cost of cable and we haven't missed cable at all.

:grouphug: So sorry for what you are going through. :grouphug:

Here's my most recent funny. My kids heard my husband saying "Whatcha cookin' good lookin'?" and now they say it to me all the time. Sweet huh? Unfortunately, now my five year old swiftly follows it with "Whatcha bakin' big bacon?"

How're you doing? I'm sorry you're having to go through this!

My ds, at age 4, was studying about John the Baptist in his church class. The day there was a baptism at church he was soooooo excited. He waited with bated breath after they announced the baptism, and when he saw our pastor come out and get in the baptistry, he indignantly yelled (of course, they always yell these things ! ;) ), "Hey, that's just our Pastor. WHERE'S JOHN THE BAPTIST?!!!"

To the OP, I'm so sorry. Read some classics too, you have a good chance now to read up before the kids are in high school.

Oh my, that boobie joke was funny! I laughed a lot in this thread.

Okay.. Here's my church joke (true story), also happened in the reverent, silent time of church. I sing in the choir, so I sit all the way in the front. My ds, 7, was next to me. I had just gotten my iPhone and didn't know how to properly work it yet. I thought I did, though. I had it in my jeans pocket and as I stood up (there was an elderly, visiting priest who just finished a long, boring lecture - everyone looked bored), and all of a sudden I started hearing music. Annoyed, I thought, gosh, people don't silence their phones in church? I had. Turns out, my iTunes came on as I stood up. I was SO embarrassed when I realized by the chorus that it was mine. I took it out, tried to stop it, didn't work. Frantically, I passed it to the girl next to me and whispered pleadingly: Sit on it!! But don't break it! Mind you, I have lots of other songs on there, but the chorus that ended up resonating at that exact silent moment? "Gives You Hell."

My ds actually thought I did it on purpose to make him laugh! Mama, he said, I'm glad you did that, because it was soooo boring! People snickered as they were leaving.

Edited by sagira