Menu

Anyone want to keep me company?

After sonograms and much prayer, my dh and I decided to take the medication the drs gave us to help with my blighted ovum. I am now stuck in bed for the day at least. I tell you, Sat. tv really bites. So, got any good stories or whatever to keep me company? I can't be out in the living room with the dvd player etc. I don't want the kids to see me like this. I am guessing due to the medication, this is quickly becoming my most painful miscarriage. I have vicodin, but still a little diversion would be nice. :tongue_smilie:

What say you Hive? Can you help me here?

:grouphug: I'm so sorry for your loss and all the pain you're going through.

I'm not really the entertaining type, but my kids keep me laughing. Today my four year old came marching downstairs and I noticed a big buldge in his crotch. I asked him what he put down his pants, and quickly pulled his pants down and showed me an empty toilet paper roll around his lil' weiner.

"What is that for?" I asked.

"It's my peni$ case," he replied.

Duh! I should have known that every four year old boy needs a peni$ case!

Hope you have a good night.

I'm so sorry about your situation. I don't have any good stories to tell, but if you want something to watch, you should look at Hulu.com. It has free tv shows. You can often watch episodes on the network's websites, too.

Netflix has lots of movies you can watch online. Their cheapest plan is $9 a month. You get 1 DVD in the mail at a time, plus have unlimited watching online. You might could even get some kind of free trial period.

This is a difficult time for you. I am sorry. I'm so tired I'm about to fall over. We had an After Vacation Bible School Friday afternoon through supper, this AM and tomorrow as part of church. I think I am too old for so much energy around me. You could weigh in on the proposed discussion about Pink Floyd in another post. :D Let's see; hmm; I like the netflix on demand movie idea. :grouphug:

I'm not really the entertaining type, but my kids keep me laughing. Today my four year old came marching downstairs and I noticed a big buldge in his crotch. I asked him what he put down his pants, and quickly pulled his pants down and showed me an empty toilet paper roll around his lil' weiner.

Well Duh! Who doesn't need one of those?! :D

Oh my goodness, I'm laughing so hard my family thinks I'm nuts! That is so funny! :lol:

(And Pam, I'm *so sorry*.) Praying you get through this with some level of peace.

That is CLASSIC! Thanks for the laugh.

Today my four year old came marching downstairs and I noticed a big buldge in his crotch. I asked him what he put down his pants, and quickly pulled his pants down and showed me an empty toilet paper roll around his lil' weiner.

QUOTE]

I wish I could top this, but I'm not sure anyone can! :lol: I've never been a funny person, so I often fail at entertaining others.

I do want to say that I'm incredibly sorry for what you are going through. It must have taken tremendous bravery and faith to make the choice you made. I'm praying for your heart as you deal with this loss, and for your body to heal quickly. I am also praying for your pain. :grouphug:

I am truly sorry for what you're going through. Here's a little 'sumpting that might make you giggle though.

My dd4 and I were walking the dogs today. I asked her if she liked her Handwriting Without Tears book so far. She said, "Yes, mommy! Maybe when me gets older, I can do the Handwriting With Tears book!" I said, "Well, we'll see..." Laughing on the inside. It was SO CUTE!

I am truly sorry for what you're going through. Here's a little 'sumpting that might make you giggle though.

My dd4 and I were walking the dogs today. I asked her if she liked her Handwriting Without Tears book so far. She said, "Yes, mommy! Maybe when me gets older, I can do the Handwriting With Tears book!" I said, "Well, we'll see..." Laughing on the inside. It was SO CUTE!

:D

Ha! I'm glad you liked the peni$ case story! There's something about four year olds...funny and a little bit strange! This same DS4 came into our room one night super congested and crying. I asked him what the matter was and he said, "Boogers are building a gate in my nose to block out all my breath." Naughty boogers and their wild antics.

I'm like WAAAAAAAY light years behind on this trend, but DH and just started watching the first season on Lost. We're not anti-tv or anything, we just don't ever sit down to watch it. Watching Lost together at night has been really, really fun for us, not to mention that little light bulbs go off in our head every once in awhile, "Oh THIS is what everyone's been talking about!"

Right now we're doing it through Netflix, but I bet you could get it through Hulu, too. Lost is super exciting and addicting! We like The Office, too, but some people might be offended by it :tongue_smilie:

My kids aren't little any more so I don't have the real cute ones. But I do have this story that I had shared in another thread a week or so ago.

I'll share it here again -

Ds13 told me today, "I'm worried that when I have kids, that my kids and I will have a generation gap."

I said, "Oh? Do we have a generation gap?"

He told me "No. But most of my ps friends have really bad relationships with their parents and don't like to be around them."

I asked him, "Why don't we have a generation gap?"

He listed, "We spend time together talking, we have family Bible study, we do stuff together. . ."

Me - "And?" He looked confused. "What about homeschooling?"

Him - "Oh, yea. And that!"

I'm glad that he doesn't see any generation gap. I'm not telling him about the times that I just don't understand him.:D

My kids aren't little any more so I don't have the real cute ones. But I do have this story that I had shared in another thread a week or so ago.

I'll share it here again -

Ds13 told me today, "I'm worried that when I have kids, that my kids and I will have a generation gap."

I said, "Oh? Do we have a generation gap?"

He told me "No. But most of my ps friends have really bad relationships with their parents and don't like to be around them."

I asked him, "Why don't we have a generation gap?"

He listed, "We spend time together talking, we have family Bible study, we do stuff together. . ."

Me - "And?" He looked confused. "What about homeschooling?"

Him - "Oh, yea. And that!"

I'm glad that he doesn't see any generation gap. I'm not telling him about the times that I just don't understand him.:D

Alright, a random question then for everyone needing some company on a Saturday night...

Do Nicholas Sparks' books make you want to throw up in your mouth?

Just asking :tongue_smilie: 'cause there a little TMTH for me.

I never read them. I have no idea, but the idea of Miley Cyrus in one of his movies, well . . . :auto:

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this. My last miscarriage was pretty uncomfortable and took longer than a birth to recover from. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Joshie the other day found that the toilet hadn't flushed adequately. He came out of the bathroom and stuck his head around the corner and asked, "Mommy, can I flush your poo?"

Today, he chose to wear a t-shirt, shorts, and snow boots to walk to the store with me.

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this. My last miscarriage was pretty uncomfortable and took longer than a birth to recover from. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Joshie the other day found that the toilet hadn't flushed adequately. He came out of the bathroom and stuck his head around the corner and asked, "Mommy, can I flush your poo?"

Today, he chose to wear a t-shirt, shorts, and snow boots to walk to the store with me.

Hey, I haven't been around much, did you move?

I'm so sorry you're going through this. :grouphug:

Here is one of my favorite funny kid stories.

My mother-in-law sent eldest a box of Valentine's goodies when she was around 3. Middle dd was only 10 months old, but apparently found the tiny, sparkly heart stickers included in the box quite tasty.

The next day, I'm changing middle dd's diaper with eldest watching. Suddenly eldest says with a gasp, "she has Valentine's poop! That means she's in loooove."

I never read them. I have no idea, but the idea of Miley Cyrus in one of his movies, well . . . :auto:

I actually liked the MOVIES A Walk to Remember and The Notebook, even though they went against everything I stand for in the "sentimentality for sentimentality's sake." I get ashamed of myself when I'm balling uncontrollably over a movie while at the same time thinking how dumb it was.:tongue_smilie:

I TRIED to read The Notebook. Couldn't do it. About forty pages in I started dry-heaving.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. :grouphug:

Here is one of my favorite funny kid stories.

My mother-in-law sent eldest a box of Valentine's goodies when she was around 3. Middle dd was only 10 months old, but apparently found the tiny, sparkly heart stickers included in the box quite tasty.

The next day, I'm changing middle dd's diaper with eldest watching. Suddenly eldest says with a gasp, "she has Valentine's poop! That means she's in loooove."

Amazing what one finds in their kids' diapers huh? :D

btw, did I do the apostrophe right? :o

After sonograms and much prayer, my dh and I decided to take the medication the drs gave us to help with my blighted ovum. I am now stuck in bed for the day at least. I tell you, Sat. tv really bites. So, got any good stories or whatever to keep me company? I can't be out in the living room with the dvd player etc. I don't want the kids to see me like this. I am guessing due to the medication, this is quickly becoming my most painful miscarriage. I have vicodin, but still a little diversion would be nice. :tongue_smilie:

What say you Hive? Can you help me here?

I went through the same thing for a tubal pregnancy last month. Many :grouphug:, and hopes for some really good stories.

Pam, so sorry to hear you are going through this. Sigh.

So, the guys (elders) were chatting today about whether or not we should do the annual bus trip for Sunday Celebration. I say "YES!!!" What say you? :D

Here's my kid story:

The other day, Ava and I were hanging out together (ok showering, if the truth be known) and I happened to be humming Leaving On a Jet Plane. (Our family has listened to the John Denver version more than the Peter, Paul and Mary version) Ava turns to me and says, "There is something just so. wrong. about that song." This startled me because all my other kids have loved that song...I mean, it's about planes, right? :D What's not to love? So I asked her, "Honey, what is wrong with that song?" She said, "Husbands just shouldn't be taking off and not knowing when they are coming back!" How could I argue with her?

We've toyed with netflix, but haven't bit yet.

First of all - :grouphug:

Second - we just bit the netflix bug last week. We're on our free month trial. It's... dangerous. There are just so many things right at your fingertips! Wow, one could mindlessly entertain for years. My kids want to go bonkers on the watch instantly movies and I can't seem to convince them that "just because you CAN watch movies constantly, doesn't mean you SHOULD".

In your case, however, I think you not only can, but you should. If not, there is always Hulu.

Didn't want to read and not post. :grouphug: This one's not new, but it's one of my favorites.

Becca often likes to send Sylvia to ask me things on her behalf. So one day I got tired of it and told Sylvia to tell Becca, "Stop sending me to do your dirty work!" So Sylvie relayed the message and Becca indignantly yelled, "My work is NOT dirty!" :lol:

She said, "Husbands just shouldn't be taking off and not knowing when they are coming back!" How could I argue with her?

I had an emotional breakdown every time that song came on the first time my hubby was deployed. Then, my friend's hubby was deployed, she was visiting me, the song came on and we BOTH had an emotional breakdown. Your dd is right. It is wrong.

Pam, so sorry to hear you are going through this. Sigh.

So, the guys (elders) were chatting today about whether or not we should do the annual bus trip for Sunday Celebration. I say "YES!!!" What say you? :D

Here's my kid story:

The other day, Ava and I were hanging out together (ok showering, if the truth be known) and I happened to be humming Leaving On a Jet Plane. (Our family has listened to the John Denver version more than the Peter, Paul and Mary version) Ava turns to me and says, "There is something just so. wrong. about that song." This startled me because all my other kids have loved that song...I mean, it's about planes, right? :D What's not to love? So I asked her, "Honey, what is wrong with that song?" She said, "Husbands just shouldn't be taking off and not knowing when they are coming back!" How could I argue with her?

First: When is the Sunday celebration? I hadn't heard about it.

B: Out of the mouths of babes . . . :D

Didn't want to read and not post. :grouphug: This one's not new, but it's one of my favorites.

Becca often likes to send Sylvia to ask me things on her behalf. So one day I got tired of it and told Sylvia to tell Becca, "Stop sending me to do your dirty work!" So Sylvie relayed the message and Becca indignantly yelled, "My work is NOT dirty!" :lol:

This is great! Much better than X-Men: Last Stand. :001_smile:

Thanks! Hopefully, we'll find something.

About Netflix...we love it now that we have instant view with the Wii. We use the Wii for Netflix more than games now.

We just finished the whale chapter in our science and followed it up with Dolphins: IMAX on instant view. Perfect.

Thanks! Hopefully, we'll find something.

About Netflix...we love it now that we have instant view with the Wii. We use the Wii for Netflix more than games now.

We just finished the whale chapter in our science and followed it up with Dolphins: IMAX on instant view. Perfect.

So I can tell my dh that it is for school, right? :D

A guy walks into a pet store wanting a parrot. The store clerk shows him two beautiful ones out on the floor.

"This one's $5,000 and the other is $10,000." the clerk said.

"Wow! What does the $5,000 one do?"

"This parrot can sing every aria Mozart ever wrote."

"And the other?" said the customer.

"This one can sing Wagner's entire Ring cycle. There's another one in the back room for $30,000."

"Holy moly! What does that one do?"

"Nothing that I can tell, but the other two parrots call him 'Maestro'."

A guy walks into a pet store wanting a parrot. The store clerk shows him two beautiful ones out on the floor.

"This one's $5,000 and the other is $10,000." the clerk said.

"Wow! What does the $5,000 one do?"

"This parrot can sing every aria Mozart ever wrote."

"And the other?" said the customer.

"This one can sing Wagner's entire Ring cycle. There's another one in the back room for $30,000."

"Holy moly! What does that one do?"

"Nothing that I can tell, but the other two parrots call him 'Maestro'."

So I can tell my dh that it is for school, right? :D

Absolutely. Because of budget issues, we downgraded to one DVD at a time and use it almost exclusively for instant view. I currently have over 600 items between both queues; not all of them are educational.

Some of the educational things we've watched or are in our queue:

Mythbusters

Survivorman

IMAX movies

Blue Planet

Liberty's Kids (we're watching all 40 episodes in February/March)

Dirty Jobs

History Channel documentaries

A&E biographies

The Life of Birds

Meerkat Manor

PBS documentaries

The Life of Mammals

WWII documentaries galore

Man vs Wild

Smash Lab

Deadliest Catch

Verminators

Wreckreation Nation

Shakespeare Comedies

Extreme Engineering (next in line to view about Holland to go w/history)

When We Left Earth

Frontline episodes

The Diary of Anne Frank

This is just in our instant view queue.

A young magician started to work on a cruise ship with his pet parrot. The parrot would always ruin his act by saying things like, "He has a card up his sleeve" or "He has a dove in his pocket".

One day the ship sank and the magician and the parrot found themselves alone on a lifeboat. For a couple of days, they just sat there looking at each other. Finally, the parrot broke the silence and said, "Okay, I give up. What did you do with the ship?"

"Okay, I give up. What did you do with the ship?"

:smilielol5::smilielol5:

Okay, I'll give up the story.

First time at a new parish. This one was big enough for a choir. Dd was two and a half. I was wearing a button-up shirt that day. Did I mention it was Palm Sunday? Dd decided at one point that she liked the buttons on my shirt. Then she realized, this baby who had not been nursed for a year and a half, that my books were in the shirt. So the congregation was standing, the choir was singing and dd is trying to get her hand into my shirt.

There is a split second when the choir stops before the priest says his next bit where there is dead silence. People haven't started rustling to sit down yet. It is really quieter than quiet. I'm simply not fast enough to catch her little hand.

Dd got what she was after. In that dead silence comes the words, "I've got mommy's boobie." Everyone looked our way.

Yes, we went to another parish about 20 minutes further down the road for Easter Sunday.

Pam, I'm sorry you are going through this. :grouphug:

Edited by Parrothead

:smilielol5::smilielol5:

First time at a new parish. This one was big enough for a choir. Dd was two and a half. I was wearing a button-up shirt that day. Did I mention it was Palm Sunday? Dd decided at one point that she liked the buttons on my shirt. Then she realized, this baby who had not been nursed for a year and a half, that my books were in the shirt. So the congregation was standing, the choir was singing and dd is trying to get her hand into my shirt.

There is a split second when the choir stops before the priest says his next bit where there is dead silence. People haven't started rustling to sit down yet. It is really quieter than quiet. I'm simply not fast enough to catch her little hand.

Dd got what she was after. In that dead silence comes the words, "I've got mommy's boobie." Everyone looked our way.

Yes, we went to another parish about 20 minutes further down the road for Easter Sunday.

Pam, I'm sorry you are going through this. :grouphug:

Ain't kids grand? :001_smile:

When kiddo was three we stopped in at a Taco Bell. The women's room (which he call "woman's") had a tap that you could turn on just a little way, and the pipes would moan and bang. Kiddo kept looking down the drain and laughing, laughing, so I kept it up. As we were leaving the bathroom, a group of teen boys were coming through the double doors. Kiddo ran full tilt towards them, pointing back at me, and shouted "there is a funny noise coming from that woman's hole". They all looked down the hall at me. We didn't stay to eat.

When kiddo was three we stopped in at a Taco Bell. The women's room (which he call "woman's") had a tap that you could turn on just a little way, and the pipes would moan and bang. Kiddo kept looking down the drain and laughing, laughing, so I kept it up. As we were leaving the bathroom, a group of teen boys were coming through the double doors. Kiddo ran full tilt towards them, pointing back at me, and shouted "there is a funny noise coming from that woman's hole". They all looked down the hall at me. We didn't stay to eat.

OMG!:lol::lol::lol: