Menu

Greek Program

momto2blessings

Hey, just wondering if anyone could recommend a quality Koine Greek program. My husband has had Greek in while studying theology and is capable of teaching a lot and has been, but I think a program might help with the kids becoming a bit more independent and accomplishing more. Preferable not too expensive! Any ideas? Thanks:) Blessings, Gina

What ages? I've heard good things about Elementary Greek - its the only complete elementary course I know of. There is Greek for Children - only the 1st year is complete.

We are doing Greek Alphabetarion, then Classical Greek for Beginners (Galore Park). After that, assuming GP's course isn't done, we will go try a Reading Course in Homeric Greek (high-school level and I own it). I've heard its easier to go from Homer forward, than Koine back. Plus I already have it and will be using it.

There are more options if your children are older, and your husband's knowledge should help a lot.

HTH!

Amy

We are starting the 2nd level of Elementary Greek this year and have liked it very much. Before beginning this, my dd completed Greek Alphabet Code Cracker which was a lot of fun and gave her a jump on the first level of EG. You don't need to do GACC, but it's whimsical and fun. It's from Classical Academic Press, which has just put out the first year of Greek for Children.

I haven't compared the price of EG to any other program, but I think it's been very worth its cost.

My husband and I both have Greek background and we are really liking Elementary Greek (Open Texture). It is perfect for your kids' ages. My 8th grade son is just flying through it and liking it but it would be written to more your kids' ages. Very straight forward and laid out nice.