Menu

Where to find teacher's editions/answer keys?

I'm still hunting a Statistics text for middle son. I've located Intro to Practice of Statistics, by Moore, etc, but I can't figure out where to get either a teacher's edition or an answer key for it. Any thoughts? Or is it impossible without some sort of credentials?

Otherwise, my only option appears to be Life of Fred and I'm just not certain I want that book - hence - I haven't bought it yet.

I've located Intro to Practice of Statistics, by Moore, etc, but I can't figure out where to get either a teacher's edition or an answer key for it.... is it impossible without some sort of credentials?

Is that a secular publisher?

When we used books from secular publishers, they would make us jump through a few hoops to get our hands on te editions and answer keys but it was never that difficult. The publishers only asked us to snail-mail a request with our homeschooling letterhead on the page. I guess that was their way of assuring that they were not selling to students.

Edited by Anna

Thanks to both. I was actually hoping to get something inexpensive as I can do with other subjects - mainly by using an older edition. I don't care to pay full price due to having so many expenses associated with other classes (college classes, etc). With the other stats thread below, I think I'll just change my plans on what I want to use.

And yes, it's a secular text, and not one generally designed for homeschooling.

I have three methods that sometimes work for finding TE/TMs or SSMs, one is what Anna mentioned to you, using Follet. A search there will often turn up auxiliary materials.

You can also often email a seller expressing interest in their bok, and they may be kind enough to check the book and see if there is a listing in the book of ISBNs for the aux materials. It is often in the introductory notes or on one of the inside (or, rarely, the back) covers.

Finally, if you type the author's name or the title into www.bestbookbuys.com you may get some hits for the other books. I usually have more luck with thte author's name.

This is what I turned up with on the second page of search results using David S. Moore:

SSM for your textbook, 2003 edition. It looks like there are quite a few copies out there for a pittance.

Format: Paperback, 336 pgs

Pub Date: March 2003

Publisher: W.H. Freeman & Co

Dimensions: 10.5"H x 8.25"W x 0.5"D; 1.13 lbs.

ISBN-10: 0716798603

ISBN-13: 9780716798606

List Price: $37.95