Menu

Help me clean out my pantry/fridge/freezer.

I have a meal plan made to use what we have on hand for the next week or so. We are trying to switch to healthier more organic foods and so I need lots of things out of the house. But the problem is I have some odds and ends that I don't know what to do with.

Here are the odds and ends that I need help with.

Can of great northern beans (not sure why I bought these), thinking maybe with cornbread one night and just let everyone who doesn't want to eat it find something else. Or is there something I can put these in to make a meal?

Can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, need recipe ideas, pls.

Also can of diced green chilies. I bought them to use in chicken enchiladas but must have bought too many cans because I have an odd one left.

I have frozen mixed berries and frozen blueberries. Can I add these to a yellow cake mix and make muffins? Also canned crushed pineapple? I have 4 yellow cake mixes to use up.

Need ideas to use dried apples, can I mix these with sugar and oats and make some sort of dessert?

steel cut oats can these be cooked in the crockpot?

bulgar wheat need ideas here of how to prepare and what to make with it

I have some staples in my pantry like

corn meal

flour

corn starch

bread crumbs

banking soda and powder

brown, powdered and reg sugar

bisquick

reg oats

I also have lots of spices and vinegars but the only oil I have on hand is like canola or something similar.

I have a meal plan made to use what we have on hand for the next week or so. We are trying to switch to healthier more organic foods and so I need lots of things out of the house. But the problem is I have some odds and ends that I don't know what to do with.

Can of great northern beans (not sure why I bought these), thinking maybe with cornbread one night and just let everyone who doesn't want to eat it find something else. Or is there something I can put these in to make a meal?You could make baked beans, but with just one can, I'd probably add them to a vegetable soup.

Can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, need recipe ideas, pls.

Also can of diced green chilies. I bought them to use in chicken enchiladas but must have bought too many cans because I have an odd one left. You could add these to scrambled eggs or an omelet. Add them to cornbread.

I have frozen mixed berries and frozen blueberries. Can I add these to a yellow cake mix and make muffins? Also canned crushed pineapple? I have 4 yellow cake mixes to use up.Pineapple upside down cake! Blueberry cake, blueberry buckle, or mixed berry pie.

Need ideas to use dried apples, can I mix these with sugar and oats and make some sort of dessert?Dried apple pie. You could use them with one of your cake mixes and make an apple cake. Add some of the apples to your oatmeal, along with cinnamon and brown sugar.

bulgar wheat need ideas here of how to prepare and what to make with it

corn meal

flour

corn starch

bread crumbs

banking soda and powder

bisquickCheck the box and website, there are probably berry recipes. Otherwise, pancakes.

reg oats

I also have lots of spices and vinegars but the only oil I have on hand is like canola or something similar.

I attempted to insert my suggestions in color.

Have you been to allrecipes.com yet? They have an ingredient search feature that is good and can bring up lots of options.

Can of great northern beans (not sure why I bought these), thinking maybe with cornbread one night and just let everyone who doesn't want to eat it find something else. Or is there something I can put these in to make a meal? I see them as being part of a bean salad. Add some chopped veggies, some oil and vinegar, and some italian seasoning or your favorite. ~Or just season them in a way you like and serve as a side dish with another meal. ~I have been known to add them to chili instead of kidney or pinto beans. Doesn't effect the taste although my dh looked at me funny. ~Minestrone soup has white beans.

Can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, need recipe ideas, pls. Are you eating any meats? I would most likely dump over chicken in the crock pot.

Also can of diced green chilies. I bought them to use in chicken enchiladas but must have bought too many cans because I have an odd one left. Add to those white beans for use as a side dish. Season with a bit of garlic and red pepper. Look up a White Bean Chili recipe for ideas.

I have frozen mixed berries and frozen blueberries. Can I add these to a yellow cake mix and make muffins? Also canned crushed pineapple? I have 4 yellow cake mixes to use up. Muffins, yes, or add them together and make a mixed berry pie. How about a Dump Cake http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blueberry-Dump-Cake/Detail.aspx I would substitute the frozen for the fresh. The berries are also great added to pancakes.

Need ideas to use dried apples, can I mix these with sugar and oats and make some sort of dessert? Granola type bars came to mind. Also, instant flavored oatmeal: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Cinnamon-Oatmeal-Mix/Detail.aspx

bulgar wheat need ideas here of how to prepare and what to make with it Wheat Salad using pineapple http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Wheat-Salad/Detail.aspx,

corn meal

flour

corn starch

bread crumbs

banking soda and powder

bisquick

reg oats