Menu

OT: affordable metal toy soldiers?

Mama2two

What kind of soldiers? We just gave ds 9 some sets of Civil War soldiers, plastic painted. I thought they weren't terribly expensive, not as many as you'd get in one of those big tubs but enough for him to get into it (we bought all four sets currently available).

What I've noticed as we've gone through the toy soldier hunt (we bought him some Revolutionary War ones last year) is that there is a wider variety available for some battles more than others.

i was looking for Revolutionary War, but I am sure later we will want Civil War.
I thought Revolutionary War soldiers were *very hard* to find. I ended up ordering a set off of eBay, my ds was ok with them; they were plastic, not painted (British were red and Americans were blue). I like the Civil War ones we just gave him better, but there was just next to no selection for Revolutionary War.

I've toyed with getting the plain plastic ones and painting them myself, I saw some instructional blogs on that, but then I think, do I really have time to do that? lol