Menu

Just to Make Sure You Have All the Up to Date Information...

What is up with that? To me that sounds like changing the name of recess just to be changing the name.

Now if the kids are not doing anything except standing outside breathing...

Or maybe they don't go outside at all. Maybe the teachers all open the classroom windows to allow for fresh air.

Recess means the kids are running, jumping, playing ball and being active. I read (but can't remember where) that some schools no longer allow those things due to the possibility of injury and lawsuits. :001_huh: Based on that I think Fresh Air Time is very appropriate. After all they will only be allowed to sit and walk around.

At my DDs' school in our small town, the elementary students have to walk a couple of blocks to the middle school for lunch because that's where the lunchroom is (in inclement weather or when it's too cold/snowy, they ride a bus). They still have PE and recess every day, but I think it's funny that they refer to this part of the day as a "nature walk."

At my DDs' school in our small town, the elementary students have to walk a couple of blocks to the middle school for lunch because that's where the lunchroom is (in inclement weather or when it's too cold/snowy, they ride a bus). They still have PE and recess every day, but I think it's funny that they refer to this part of the day as a "nature walk."

Does part of the walk include a path on undeveloped property ? There is a path to a lake near one of the schools not far from us.

you are going to LOVE this. tee hee hee.....

In our middle school, there is no 'time' for gym, so their 'recess' time after lunch is called SPA time....Supervised Physical Activity......the chilrden are NOT ALLOWED to sit and hang out, they must keep moving like walking in a circle or some such nonsense.....

told ya you were gonna love it!!:lol::lol:

robin in NJ

:lol:

Which one???

I think it is Cherokee. My friend just recently moved and I think she stayed in Cherokee, but she could have slipped over into another county. She was looking at her daughter's schedule (1st grade) and didn't see recess. Then she saw the Fresh Air Time. Her daughter gave HER an education on correct terminology that day.

Recess means the kids are running, jumping, playing ball and being active. I read (but can't remember where) that some schools no longer allow those things due to the possibility of injury and lawsuits. :001_huh: Based on that I think Fresh Air Time is very appropriate. After all they will only be allowed to sit and walk around.

I thought recess was for getting chased, bullied, receiving noogies & wedgies and being ostracized! That's what I remember!:tongue_smilie:

If recess is now fresh air time (F.A.T.????) can they call classtime Suffocation and Oppression Period (S.O.P.)?

I think it is Cherokee. My friend just recently moved and I think she stayed in Cherokee, but she could have slipped over into another county. She was looking at her daughter's schedule (1st grade) and didn't see recess. Then she saw the Fresh Air Time. Her daughter gave HER an education on correct terminology that day.

That is hilarious.

The first time I asked my Daisy troop about their school library, they looked at me blankly. They don't have libraries in CC elementary schools anymore; they are Media Centers.