Menu

Magazines for 15 year old girls

Are there any magazines for 14-18 year old girls which cover fashion and makeup and all the stuff that teenagers are interested in reading about (one like Teen magazine was when I was 14-18, which was 40 years ago?) Back then, I read Seventeen and Glamour, too, and they are not suitable now.

Everywhere I go, I look for magazines for DD. I look at the covers and tables of contents and they are not suitable. For one thing, a lot of the content is about s*x. For another, the fashions are not for teenagers -- they seem to be for college age or above and many of the outfits seem to be designed for advertising the girl's/woman's wares.

Right now, DD reads Family Circle, Woman's Day, Good Housekeeping, National Geographic, Readers' Digest, and other family-oriented fare. I am looking for a magazine that focuses specifically on the interests of the teenage girl. It seems to me that every other demographic is targeted, except for this one.

Is there a magazine out there for a wholesome girl of good character who has outgrown American Girl? And if not, why do you suppose that is?

Thanks,

RC

Edited by RoughCollie

Have you ever seen this one?

I saw your thread and Googled "Brio," the former Focus on the Family Magazine, to see if it is still around (it is not in print any more but maybe will be in the future) and found Justine Magazine. It looks like a secular-but-wholesome option (it has stories about fashion and a book club:001_smile:).

I may subscribe for my almost 13 year old.

Terri

ETA: There is not supposed to be a thumb's down sign on the subject line! Don't know how that ended up there.

I saw your thread and Googled "Brio," the former Focus on the Family Magazine, to see if it is still around (it is not in print any more but maybe will be in the future) and found Justine Magazine. It looks like a secular-but-wholesome option (it has stories about fashion and a book club:001_smile:).

Thank you very much. I did not know about this magazine. I went to the website and looked at the current and back issues. There was not one speck of material that DD and I would think is inappropriate. I'm going to subscribe to it for her today.

RC