Menu

Satori...could you look at this art supplies list for Artistic Pursuit K-3?

crazyforlatin

Item # Description Price Qty 20411-2022 DESIGN EBONY PENCIL 2PK $1.17 21002-1000 ALVIN VINYL ERASER WHT EA $0.55 10135-1003 STUDENT WC ART PAD 9X12 90LB 15SHT $2.89 20042-1009 NEOCOLOR II ASST SET 10 $15.35 20084-1009 REEVES SOFT PASTEL 12 SET $3.29 20013-2509 CRAYPAS JR ARTIST ASST SET25 $2.57 33204-2505 AMACO MARBLEX GRAY 5LB $9.49 11409-1003 CONSTRUCTN PAPR 130G ASSORTED 9X12 50PK $2.35 57010-1005 FISKARS FOR KIDS 5IN $2.00 11306-1103 SPECTRA ART TISSUE 20X30 10CLR 10SHT $2.45 11402-2003 PEACOCK CONSTR PAPER BLK 9X12 PK50 $1.95 10399-1003 STDNT 200 SRS SKETCH 9X12 TAPE BOUND TOP $3.16 05858-1008 DB GOLD TKLN WC RND SZ 8

Online list.

I'm about to take the plunge and buy Artistic Pursuit. Was there anything on the list for Book 1 (Pack 1) that you didn't think was great and you found a better replacement at the same shop? By the way, I read in one of the threads that you liked Koh-I-Noor Wooden Pencils, so that's in my cart. I draw and paint terribly, but would like DD to have better art skills. Thank you!

Edited by crazyforlatin
Sorry, the copy and paste didn't work the way I thought - yikes!

Sorry I haven't responded earlier, I just saw this.

We're only started Book 1 this week, we just finished the PreK book. I purchased the MisterArt pack about a year ago, but I think you'll be fine with anything they suggest and DickBlick is an even better place from which to purchase! :)

As for colored pencils, the Koh-I-Noor are cool and less expensive per pencil (43 cents) than the other brands I may mention, but their downsides are that they will crack in half if you drop them. So far we have two broken pencils. Our favorites are the Lyra Ferby pencils that never break and still work great. You may also want to try the Derwent Coloursoft if you want more colors. Other colored pencils we enjoy are Derwent Watercolor pencils for more versatility, and Prismacolor Col-erase for preliminary sketches and workbooks as you can erase them. They also don't break like our normal Prismacolor pencils.

Basically, we love any of the pencils listed on DickBlick's Artist Grade pencil list, with the exception of regular Prismacolors which we have two sets that break constantly.

Sorry I haven't responded earlier, I just saw this.

We're only started Book 1 this week, we just finished the PreK book. I purchased the MisterArt pack about a year ago, but I think you'll be fine with anything they suggest and DickBlick is an even better place from which to purchase! :)

As for colored pencils, the Koh-I-Noor are cool and less expensive per pencil (43 cents) than the other brands I may mention, but their downsides are that they will crack in half if you drop them. So far we have two broken pencils. Our favorites are the Lyra Ferby pencils that never break and still work great. You may also want to try the Derwent Coloursoft if you want more colors. Other colored pencils we enjoy are Derwent Watercolor pencils for more versatility, and Prismacolor Col-erase for preliminary sketches and workbooks as you can erase them. They also don't break like our normal Prismacolor pencils.

Basically, we love any of the pencils listed on DickBlick's Artist Grade pencil list, with the exception of regular Prismacolors which we have two sets that break constantly.

Thank you very much Angela! This is very helpful. I was wondering whether there was such a thing as erasable color pencils, so DD is very excited since I won't let her use her non-erasable color pencils for math. Hmmm, too bad it doesn't sell Lyra Ferby. I'm trying to get to $99 for free shipping and a discount. We haven't really done any art except for coloring in Dover books or painting on our walls (taped paper on them).

Yeah, we just discovered the erasable Prismacolors this summer! We're on our second pack now since my daughter uses them for all her writing and workbooks now. We love them so much (Prismacolor Col-Erase) and they're inexpensive enough that I thought of doing a little giveaway for them. Maybe I'll get that started today.

• 10 months later...

I highly recommend upgrading to the larger size of the " NEOCOLOR II ASST SET 10 $15.35" - I initially bought the smaller size and promptly order a big set right after. Those get A LOT of use in the beginning, plus they are just so darn fun!

Yeah, we just discovered the erasable Prismacolors this summer! We're on our second pack now since my daughter uses them for all her writing and workbooks now. We love them so much (Prismacolor Col-Erase) and they're inexpensive enough that I thought of doing a little giveaway for them. Maybe I'll get that started today.

Where did you find the best price on these Angela? I think we definitely need to order some!

I highly recommend upgrading to the larger size of the " NEOCOLOR II ASST SET 10 $15.35" - I initially bought the smaller size and promptly order a big set right after. Those get A LOT of use in the beginning, plus they are just so darn fun!

It's funny that you should mention this. I thought the same thing when I was loading my shopcart, so I ended up dumping the set of 10 and adding the set of 15 instead. I'm glad to know that I made the right decision. :001_smile:

It's funny that you should mention this. I thought the same thing when I was loading my shopcart, so I ended up dumping the set of 10 and adding the set of 15 instead. I'm glad to know that I made the right decision. :001_smile:

Hehe, they are great. Even I love using them, which is why I had gone back and ordered the set of 24 :)

We use our Neocolors all the time, we started out with the 15 set rather than the 10, now I'm lusting after a huge set. That would be expensive though, so all I can do at the moment is drool.

Our Prismacolor Col-Erase colored erasable pencils get used every single day for schoolwork, by now we've purchased 3 sets since we started buying them. Here's one link, but it seems their availability is sporadic. Don't use them for actual art though, we just use them in workbooks. You'll want better quality for art.